If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Random PIP text message

Options
mattluke
mattluke Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi. I hope you’re all well. Around a year and half ago I was awarded PIP for another 5 years. Today I randomly received a genuine text saying from DFCbenefits  “ We've received the written report of your PIP assessment. We will write to you once we've made a decision on your PIP. As a guide you should hear from us within 8 weeks. You don't need to contact us unless any of the details you gave us have changed. Thank you”  

i haven’t reapplied and there’s been no change of circumstances. Does anyone know why I received it and did anyone else get this text? I will give them a phone tomorrow but I was just posting on here to see. Thanks 

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,130 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As you say, if you haven't had a review form, which would seem unlikely, & you haven't put in for a change of circumstances, then you will need to phone the DfC to find out why you've received this text.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.