If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is HarryN! Applying for PIP

Options
HarryN
HarryN Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited February 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone, I have secondary kidney cancer in my lungs and lymph nodes. I have been receiving pip for the last three years and have just been asked to attend a face to face. The problem is most of the time I am quite well but when I get an infection or other side effect I can be bed ridden or hospitalised. I didn't explain this on the form because I just thought I would be entitled to this benefit. Does anyone have experience of this scenario?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,125 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    PIP is about how your conditions affect you for the majority of the time, so for at least 50% of the time over a 12 month period. Is the face to face you're attending a review of your PIP claim?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • HarryN
    HarryN Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sure you could talk about what you've mentioned here during the face-to-face assessment @HarryN, as they will be taking that into account as well as the form. Do you have a date for it? 

And is anything in particular worrying you about it? 

Let us know if we can help with anything more :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.