Carers Element for daughter — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Carers Element for daughter

Options
System
System Posts: 112 Scope online community team
This discussion was created from comments split from: Carers element uc.

Comments

• Monik1919
    Monik1919 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    hi i'm new here.  I would like to inquire as I received the carer element for my daughter in October 2022.  but since I will receive the disability living allowance from May 2020 and I have not received a carer element so far, I have requested a review and a judge will decide. unfortunately, I have been waiting for 4 months for the decision-maker to make a decision.  what do you know about the fact that they pay retroactively for 30 months?  and how long do I have to wait, it's time to decide, thank you. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,632 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Monik1919 said:
    hi i'm new here.  I would like to inquire as I received the carer element for my daughter in October 2022.  but since I will receive the disability living allowance from May 2020 and I have not received a carer element so far, I have requested a review and a judge will decide. unfortunately, I have been waiting for 4 months for the decision-maker to make a decision.  what do you know about the fact that they pay retroactively for 30 months?  and how long do I have to wait, it's time to decide, thank you. 
    A Judge? That only applies to a Tribunal. For DWP it’s a decision maker.

Put a note on your journal under the payment section and ask about the carers element decision.

If you didn’t tell them that you were caring for your daughter back in 2020 then it may not be backdated that far. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Monik1919
    Options
    thank you, in vain I write and in vain ask the dwpt, they say that there is no time limit and I have to wait for the decision-maker to make a decision. but I've been waiting for 4 months and still no decision. 
  • Monik1919
    Options
    I didn't tell them that I was taking care of my daughter because I didn't know how to report this, since I'm not English, English is difficult and I don't know what support I can use, I told them all this
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there @Monik1919 and thanks for your query. To make it easier to find I've just moved it into a new discussion, that way other members can share their thoughts more easily too. 

It's good to hear that you've explained things to the DWP, and frustrating to hear how long you've been waiting for a decision, but you've done everything you need to. Unfortunately there's a lot of long backlogs at the moment, which mean longer waits. 

If there's anything further we can help with please ask, and keep us updated with how you get on :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Monik1919
    Options

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.