If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is ps999!

ps999 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi,I am getting Eesa and ongoing high rate pip care and mobility which is ongoing (no end date).I have a private pension but need new car and want to make other arrangements so as not to leave any money issues if anything happens.
I can’t afford to lose my mobility component for a car, I have also found out losing 7k in the last year in this pension leaving me just  23k.
it not for high Irving or holidays just to make my 17 yr old car newer and other arrangements so not to leave anyone responsible please can anybody help.


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,102 Disability Gamechanger
    A lump sum will be classed as savings. If any part of your ESA is Income Related then savings of more than £16,000 will mean entitlement to all means tested benefits will end.

    If your ESA is New style ESA then savings do not affect it. 

    If any part of your ESA is the old contributions based then savings do not affect this.

    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.