Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

PIP receipt and self employed

rasberry Community member Posts: 24 Connected
Hello.i was wondering if anyone could help me on this.Am on higher rates of PIP and am self employed and on tax credits.What is maximum amount of earnings as a self employed on tax credits and on PIP.What is my earnings capped at ?


  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2023
    Earnings have no relevance to PIP because it's not means tested it.

    There is no fixed figure for Tax Credits because it depends on your circumstances. You can play with a benefits calculator if you want to test different levels of earnings.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • rasberry
    rasberry Community member Posts: 24 Connected
    Thank you Calcotti i will try that calculator .
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Have you tried the calculator yet @rasberry and, if so, how have things gone for you? Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can do to support you with this  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

    Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.