If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Awarded PIP

Options
Apple01
Apple01 Community member Posts: 7 Connected
Hi all,

I am officially in receipt of PIP. It’s been a daunting process, but I am just so glad it’s over (for now).

I Just thought I should share my experience of how long the process took for me.

I applied mid November last year.

Sent back my questionnaire with all
my evidence online at the end of December.

Roughly 4 weeks after that, I received a text from PIP stating I have a telephone assessment.

The telephone assessment was two weeks later. Lasted 1 hour.

DWP sent a text to confirm they received the report, 4 days after the assessment.

Then a week later I received the text from DWP saying I’ve been awarded PIP.

Finally 5 days later I have received my first payment. Based on my calculation, I received 13 weeks backdated.

So the process took me a lil over 3 months.

I am yet to receive my letter, but I know I have got standard for both daily care and mobility based on the calculations.

I know it is different for everyone and timescales vary. I dreaded how long it was going to take me. So to make things easier for myself, I managed to gather the majority of my evidence before I even applied. So I only had to wait around for one or two pieces of evidence.

I submitted all my evidence at once, with the questionnaire. I am aware that evidence is not a necessity, but I felt I needed it.

I also kept a daily diary of my chronic pain noting down struggles that co-signed the descriptors.
I thought the assessor would have a better picture about my daily battles with real examples. 

Again, of course it differs for everyone. I just wanted to share what I felt worked for me! 

Comments

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.