Will your PIP claim continue when homeless — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Will your PIP claim continue when homeless

Options
Homless30
Homless30 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi,
i am currently claiming PiP but will be homeless in  the next month. I need to update them wurh my mobility issues but am terrified they will reject my claim and I will loose my claim totally. I currently am not claiming the mobiity section. Thanks for advice in advance.

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Being homeless doesn’t affect your PIP. However it’s important that you have an address you can use to receive any post.

You should only report a change to PIP if the changes in how your health affects are such that he could qualify for additional points that would qualify you for an increase in your award. If you report a change you will be sent a new health form and most likely have to have a new assessment. 
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,632 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Being homeless doesn't exclude you from claiming PIP. I'd advise you to contact shelter who will hopefully be able to help you https://www.shelter.org.uk/

For your PIP if you report a change of condition then they will send you more forms to fill in and return with all your supporting evidence. Most likely you'll need another assessment. A worsening condition doesn't automatically entitle you to more points for a higher award or enough points for a mobility award. You should get some expert advice before doing anything else. https://advicelocal.uk/welfare-benefits

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Homless30
    Homless30 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Homless30

Welcome to the community. I wanted to reach out as I see you have said you'll be homeless in the next month. Poppy has already shared the link to Shelter, I wanted to share Crisis as they are also a brilliant organisation that can help with homelessness. Have you spoken to your local council?

Please let us know if there is any way we could be of help. You can always email us at community@scope.org.uk if you don't want to share publicly. 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.