Hi, my name is JayJay2023! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is JayJay2023!

Options
JayJay2023
JayJay2023 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi to everyone, I'm Jay and this is my first time on here. I suffer from long-term illnesses/disabilities including schizoeffective disorder, post Traumatic distress disorder, social phobias, Psychotic depression panic panic texts and many more labels.i have lived with my condition for almost all my life. But lately things have changed and developing new symptoms and constantly changing and I am seriously concerned.  I have beg my doctor, wrote many emails and after a year of hassling the doctor I got referred to many different departments including neurology,radiology & cardiology and others I had a crazy amount of appointments but now I just been left alone and forgotten about. I have had numb hands for a whole year and can't feel nothing I have burned and cut my hand without even knowing or feeling I also get numb feet, legs and arms and shoulders and even my head. I was taking silly amounts of pain killers as I am in constant pain in my leg's day and night but nothing helps other than laying down with my feet on a pillow.  I told my doctor I'm in complete agnee but he would help so now I stop contacting them as they clearly don't care but in the last 3 or 4 months I now suffer with scary memory problems like forgetting the bath is running or that I am cooking.  I forget almost every conversion and been told so many times that I was told something before and this keeps happening.  I forget where I put things and go in another room and completely forget why I went in there and this is happening many times a day. I keep forgetting what I did the day before and have no clue. I'm seriously worried about it and feel it is pointless to ask the doctor for help as I know he is judging me & thinks I'm not worth his time. I struggle to remember to take medication or taking it twice I forget to eat for days on end and struggling some days to have any energy to get out if bed ecen to get a drink or use the toilet is so much effort and it's not because I'm lazy.  I don't know what else to do .I don't want to try buy stronger medication which normally needs a prescription but I need something to at least make the paint bare able I tried a few times maybe 6 or 7  and it only made a slight difference once or twice and if it helped it would be bare minimum.  If anyone has any advice I would appreciate it sorry to bore you but I  need  to somehow get all theses thoughts out of my head as it feel like a computer that just want stop thinking or processing things at night I get things in my head and it is like racing thoughts beyond my control and won't stop. Anyway thank you if you read this I know it is about much but I don't know what else to do or try as I don't know how long I can cope.my uncle died 2 months ago and my aunt died a few day's ago & she was like a second mum to me and was the most Important person in my life and I'm worried about myself as I love and miss her and my health feel almost unmanageable even before my beautiful aunt passed away and my father died last year from terminal cancer and my best friend and little brother was killed the year before by death by dangerous driving and the year before that my mother died from terminal cancer theses are all my most important people in my life and they are gone which is too much but with my mental health and now pshisical problem and memory problems feel like I'm being punished and made to suffer more and more. My illnesses have never had all theses extra issues and it keeps developing new symptoms and I honestly feel I'm dying from cancer myself I truly believe it and the professionals don't want yo help and give me absolute no support like they want me to end my life. I am trying to stay positive but it feel Impossible.  Anyway thank you if you read this many thanks Jau

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,605 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I found it very difficult to follow your post. Unfortunately, we are not medical professionals so can't give any medical advice. If you're unhappy with your current GP then maybe find a different one to get a second opinion.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @JayJay2023

I'm so sorry with all you have been through and for the loss's in your life. If you ever feel you need to speak to someone, you can refer yourself for therapy with the NHS.

As Poppy said, we are not medical professionals and getting a second opinion from another GP is an excellent suggestion. I've seen other people in the community take that route as an option. Another route is to make a complaint against the GP if you feel they are offering no support. 

Have you got one GP at your practice? or are you able to see another under the same place? If you wanted to find a new GP, the NHS website has a list of practices and what services they offer.
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.