Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Government Ombudsman

OceanBlue73 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi everyone, I'd like to know if anyone has ever used the Government Ombudsman to help them with either a Blue badge refusal, PIP or any other benefit application?
Many thanks 😊 


  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @OceanBlue73

    I'm unsure of anyone who has gone to the Ombudsman. When there are issues with blue badges and benefits we would usually suggest contacting Citizen's Advice. Have you spoke with them?
    Hannah - She / Her

    Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,140 Disability Gamechanger
    I note from previous threads that you have a daily living PIP award but no mobility. You've already started the appeal route by requesting the MR, which is correct. If the MR decision doesn't change you can then proceed with Tribunal.
    No one is automatically entitled to the mobility part so i can't possibly see how the Ombudsman can help you here. They wouldn't know anything about how your conditions affect you and it's unlikely they willhave any understanding of the PIP descriptors and what they mean.
    Same applies to a BB, if you disagree with the decision not to award you a BB then you can challenge that decision. As you don't automatically qualify then you will need evidence to support your claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.