Government Ombudsman

OceanBlue73
OceanBlue73 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi everyone, I'd like to know if anyone has ever used the Government Ombudsman to help them with either a Blue badge refusal, PIP or any other benefit application?
Many thanks 😊 

Comments

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,906 Championing
    Hello @OceanBlue73

I'm unsure of anyone who has gone to the Ombudsman. When there are issues with blue badges and benefits we would usually suggest contacting Citizen's Advice. Have you spoke with them?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,444 Championing
    I note from previous threads that you have a daily living PIP award but no mobility. You've already started the appeal route by requesting the MR, which is correct. If the MR decision doesn't change you can then proceed with Tribunal.
    No one is automatically entitled to the mobility part so i can't possibly see how the Ombudsman can help you here. They wouldn't know anything about how your conditions affect you and it's unlikely they willhave any understanding of the PIP descriptors and what they mean.
    Same applies to a BB, if you disagree with the decision not to award you a BB then you can challenge that decision. As you don't automatically qualify then you will need evidence to support your claim.