Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
I had an interesting call from the council about tactile pavement. After they laid a new pavement near me, there was part of the tactile wasn't put back down. She looked at pictures a few years ago and now. she agreed it wasn't put back and will investigate why this happened.
While I had her on the phone there are a few junctions of some side streets which never had tactile pavement and I asked why. She said they are many junctions which don't have it due to cost but they prioritise the routes which needs the most. I pointed out to her that parts of the council are trying to make the community inclusive but this makes it not inclusive to all. She said she knows and sorry that it is not possible with the costs.
She said if there a route where you need tactile pavement, then apply to ask if it can be done. I says, ok if I apply how long will it take. She said, it won't happen straight away and also it depends if there is the money to do it.
- All Categories
- 13.2K Start here and say hello!
- 6.8K Coffee lounge
- 86 Games lounge
- 473 Cost of living
- 4.5K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.9K Research and opportunities
- 226 Community updates
- 9.5K Talk about your situation
- 2.1K Children, parents, and families
- 1.6K Work and employment
- 797 Education
- 1.7K Housing and independent living
- 1.4K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 644 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 372 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 819 Transport and travel
- 31.5K Talk about money
- 4.5K Benefits and financial support
- 5.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 16.9K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 4.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 6.4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.8K Cerebral palsy
- 875 Chronic pain and pain management
- 177 Physical and neurological impairments
- 1.1K Autism and neurodiversity
- 1.3K Mental health and wellbeing
- 326 Sensory impairments
- 825 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions