If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Video assesmente

Options
kateymatey
kateymatey Community member Posts: 31 Listener
I have a video renewal assesemnt next week im so nervous and just feel i will tottally mess it up does anyone know what sort of questions they ask please

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,129 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They will ask about your conditions and how they affect you. We can't tell you exactly what they will ask because we don't know anything about your conditions or how they affect you. You said this is a renewal, if you had an assessment for your exisiting award then it will be the same as that.

The assessment can last anywhere from 20 to 120 minutes. If you kept a copy of the form you filled in and returned then have a read of that before the assessment. Some people find it helpful to write some notes before the assessment so they have something to refer back to.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kateymatey
    Options
    Hi thankyou yes this is a review of my exsisting claim i have long term muscle wastage in my left arm shoulder and back which affects my daily living and this has been made worse with nerve pain since chemotherapy 
    I also am limited to going out as unfortunately since bowel cancer surgery i have unexpected frequent need to visit a toilet on a daily basis sorry to be so graphic
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No need to be sorry about being graphic @kateymatey I have Inflammatory Bowel Disease and described it in a lot more detail than that before  :D

I'm keeping everything crossed for you with the upcoming video renewal assessment 🤞
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • kateymatey
    Options
    Thankyou hannah were you succesful in your claim x
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    When I applied I was awarded Limited Capability To Work, at the time I was going through stoma surgery so I was more in the position of finding it hard to find work that could suit me. My work experience was mainly in retail but I can no longer lift heavy loads, pull in pallets...etc so had to make changes :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.