Back pain — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Back pain

tanya4245
tanya4245 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
I care for a woman called tanya she has various disabilities personality disorder that makes her very verbally aggressive. they havent been able to pinpoint what is actually wrong with her back after a scan and various tests. but her vertebrae crack when she attempts to move or stand up. She hasn't got any confidence in her GP as he has made things very difficult from the start and only wanted to give her painkillers, in short her back problem is getting worse and is seriously affecting her mental health and mine and like i mentioned it makes her verbally aggressive.  

Comments

• SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Morning @tanya4245 Bless you sounds like a difficult situation, i'm just wondering if posture could be a problem, it's a very difficult situation your both in, if Tanya won't try the pain relief, i wish you well and hope you have some better advice from any of our other members. 
  • Hannah_Scope
    Hannah_Scope Posts: 7,267 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @tanya4245

I'm so sorry to hear Tanya is in so much pain. Can I ask, does her GP practice have one GP she see's each time or is there someone else there that could give a second opinion? 
    We are always here if you need to chat but there are fantastic organisations like SHOUT who are brilliant to talk to about your mental health. 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.