Back pain

Options
tanya4245
tanya4245 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
I care for a woman called tanya she has various disabilities personality disorder that makes her very verbally aggressive. they havent been able to pinpoint what is actually wrong with her back after a scan and various tests. but her vertebrae crack when she attempts to move or stand up. She hasn't got any confidence in her GP as he has made things very difficult from the start and only wanted to give her painkillers, in short her back problem is getting worse and is seriously affecting her mental health and mine and like i mentioned it makes her verbally aggressive.  

Comments

• SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,388 Championing
    Options
    Morning @tanya4245 Bless you sounds like a difficult situation, i'm just wondering if posture could be a problem, it's a very difficult situation your both in, if Tanya won't try the pain relief, i wish you well and hope you have some better advice from any of our other members. 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,908 Championing
    Options
    Hello @tanya4245

I'm so sorry to hear Tanya is in so much pain. Can I ask, does her GP practice have one GP she see's each time or is there someone else there that could give a second opinion? 
    We are always here if you need to chat but there are fantastic organisations like SHOUT who are brilliant to talk to about your mental health.