PIP renewal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP renewal

Options
Zec Richardson
Zec Richardson Community member Posts: 154 Pioneering
In October 2020 I received dreaded PIP renewal forms, and they were sent back the next month, November 2020.
Just last week March 2023, I had a telephone assessment!
We are told not to worry because our PIP is extended, but they fail to understand that the wait causes a lot of stress, plus my Blue Badge expired and so when I paid to renew it, they would only renew for one year which means extra cost.

I am hoping to get a decision soon and hoping it goes smoothly as we can't take any more hits financially.
What makes it so frustrating is that like many people, I had the lifetime award on DLA and lost that on the switch over.

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    This does sound frustrating @Zec Richardson. I can hear the wait causes a lot of stress. 

Would anything, in particular, help you with managing/reducing this stress at the moment? Hopefully, you'll get a decision soon and it will go as smoothly as possible.

Please feel free to let us know how it goes and if you need any further support, even if that's just a listening ear  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Maggidimps
    Maggidimps Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    I applied for my renewal in Dec 2022.Tgey received form on 30th Dec. I, am still awaiting decision. I have had bowel cancer, since my last, award and various other worsening, symptoms, with back and knee osteoarthritis. Every time I ring they, say they, are working on the renewals, are are behind. I sent, all the xray, reports, discharge hospital letes consultants, reports etc. I turn 66 on the, 31st March, do you think they, are, waiting until I receive my, state pension to tell me I'm not eligible because of the pension???? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,691 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I applied for my renewal in Dec 2022.Tgey received form on 30th Dec. I, am still awaiting decision. I have had bowel cancer, since my last, award and various other worsening, symptoms, with back and knee osteoarthritis. Every time I ring they, say they, are working on the renewals, are are behind. I sent, all the xray, reports, discharge hospital letes consultants, reports etc. I turn 66 on the, 31st March, do you think they, are, waiting until I receive my, state pension to tell me I'm not eligible because of the pension???? 

There are extremely long delays with PIP reviews. You haven't been waiting long at all in comparison to some members here. You could be waiting several months or more.

Reaching state pension age at the end of this month will have nothing to do with the review decision. Your PIP award will continue for as long as you remain entitled to it. If the worst happens and you're refused then you just challenge that decision.

Unfortunately, all you can do is wait. Try to focus on something else in the meantime.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Fidelio
    Fidelio Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    I filled out and sent my ARI 2 form in September 2021 and my enhanced payments have continued . Then about 3 weeks ago, out of the blue I had a call from Assessment services wanting to have a telephone assessment there and then . This shocked me and I said it was not convenient , so the assessor said he would call the next day which he did. The assessment lasted about 20 minutes with me confirming that all the activities have got harder since my first ARI 1 assessment. I then got notification a week  later from DWP saying that they will make a decision in 6 weeks time. So I continue to wait stressed out and anxious.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Oh no @Fidelio, I can really hear how this has made you feel stressed out and anxious  :( Would anything help you to feel less stressed out and anxious at the moment?

Please feel free to let us know how this goes, when you finally have a response, and if there's anything we can do to support you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Fidelio
    Fidelio Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Thanks I will let you know the result. Right now I'm just sitting tight and waiting....
  • Presario05
    Presario05 Community member Posts: 28 Connected
    Options
    Just had the letter and have been awarded the same award.
    That is a relief!
    That's brilliant, and to get a letter 4 days later after the assessment.   

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.