Does anyone have a toilet in their conservatory — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Does anyone have a toilet in their conservatory

Options
happyfella
happyfella Community member Posts: 489 Pioneering
Hi, my occupational health team are struggling to find somewhere to put a downstairs toilet. I have told them i do not want a huge extension that blocks out the light, so now they are trying to find somewhere else. Sadly, under my stairs there is not a lot of room. So, i am wondering if anyone has a conservatory with a toilet, and if so can you show me.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,759 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What about a stair lift? This way you'll be able to get upstairs to the bathroom and wouldn't need a toilet downstairs. I can't imagine a toilet in a conservatory.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @happyfella

Can I ask, what kind of toilet would need to be fitted? When you said you didn't want a huge extension to block out the light, I wondered if you needed a toilet / wet room? or more space for accessibility? 

Dependent on the lay out of your house, could you take the space elsewhere? For example off the back of the kitchen a little? or are you next to an entry and could possibly build out to the side?
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,648 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I've never seen a toilet in a conservatory but I guess it's a possibility if the conservatory is large enough? 

Would need to be well insulated as conservatories tend to get very cold in winter which isn't ideal for a loo.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.