Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Does anyone have a toilet in their conservatory

Options
happyfella
happyfella Community member Posts: 499 Pioneering
Hi, my occupational health team are struggling to find somewhere to put a downstairs toilet. I have told them i do not want a huge extension that blocks out the light, so now they are trying to find somewhere else. Sadly, under my stairs there is not a lot of room. So, i am wondering if anyone has a conservatory with a toilet, and if so can you show me.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,120 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What about a stair lift? This way you'll be able to get upstairs to the bathroom and wouldn't need a toilet downstairs. I can't imagine a toilet in a conservatory.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @happyfella

Can I ask, what kind of toilet would need to be fitted? When you said you didn't want a huge extension to block out the light, I wondered if you needed a toilet / wet room? or more space for accessibility? 

Dependent on the lay out of your house, could you take the space elsewhere? For example off the back of the kitchen a little? or are you next to an entry and could possibly build out to the side?
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,675 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I've never seen a toilet in a conservatory but I guess it's a possibility if the conservatory is large enough? 

Would need to be well insulated as conservatories tend to get very cold in winter which isn't ideal for a loo.