Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Preimium

Options
taypars
taypars Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi all, Iv been on esa and pip since august 2020 Iv only just been advised about the disability premium. Iv rang esa and filled the form out last week, Iv had my normal payment of 240. How long will it take for my premium to be added ? Also will I get back dated from 2020? Thankyou 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,230 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2023
    Options
    If your ESA claim didn't start until after end of December 2018 then it will be New style ESA that you're claiming and there's no disability premiums payable with this.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • taypars
    Options
    Hi I’m on old style Iv already spoke to esa it’s been added to my claim. What I am asking is how long dose it take to be added thanks 
  • taypars
    Options
    Sorry I had a carer till august 2020 and never put my premium back on. So from august 2020 it’s not been on my claim. Will I be back dated once it’s back on my claim 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    taypars said:
    Sorry I had a carer till august 2020 and never put my premium back on. So from august 2020 it’s not been on my claim. Will I be back dated once it’s back on my claim 
    That makes sense now because in your first comment you said you've been claiming ESA since 2020. I'm assuming it's the SDP you're talking about here, if so then it should be paid from when you became entitled to it.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • taypars
    Options
    How long dose it take to go on to my esa 
  • poppy123456
    edited March 2023
    Options
    If you applied by post then it can take up to 6 weeks. Applying by telephone is a lot quicker and can take a couple of weeks.
    In a previous comment here, you said it's already been added.
    taypars said:
    Hi I’m on old style Iv already spoke to esa it’s been added to my claim.

• taypars
    Options
    She’s added it onto my claims yes so I was asking how long it takes to go on? As my payment last week wasn’t any difrent 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If it's already been added then it should be included for your next payment. Any money owed will be paid separately and can take a few weeks. You'll eventually receive a decision letter too. 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.