Appointee — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.


JBS2022 Scope Member Posts: 2,075 Disability Gamechanger
Due to my husband's mental health I want to be an appointee (he agrees), but he wants to carry on being paid his benefits into his account ( I have no issue with this). Due to his inability to communicate  well with the DWP, I want to be an appointee purely for speaking and attending assessments. Is it possible for him to carry on recieving his own benefits? Or will I have to take over his money. I have no idea how this works.
Life is better in a fishtank  🐟



Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.