Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

PIP and Pension

Options
Milsean
Milsean Scope Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited March 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, my name is Milsean. I currently get PIP and would like to ask a question please. I reach 66 on my next birthday. If I take my OAP pension then and continue to work do I have to reduce my working hours? I cannot afford to retire so was hoping to defer my work pension but am unsure if I need to defer my state pension also if I continue to work.
Many thanks for your advise.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,077 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You don’t have to quit working when claiming state pension, you can work at the same time. https://www.gov.uk/working-retirement-pension-age
    Your PIP will continue for as long as you remain entitled to it. Are you claiming any other benefits? 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Milsean
    Milsean Scope Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    @poppy123456. Thank you very much for your very prompt reply. No I do not claim any other benefits. I do not have sufficient stamps to get the full state pension. I have 11 years stamps from working in Ireland. I believe I would get some pension from UK and Ireland. As I have insufficient stamps to get a full state pension from either country I wonder if I should defer them? I was not sure if I took the state pension if that meant I had to reduce my working hours. As I understand if I took my work pension I would have to reduce my working hours. Thanks again for your reply. 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.