I have been awarded lcwra... They have backdated it till October minus 3 months. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I have been awarded lcwra... They have backdated it till October minus 3 months.

Options
Jraven888
Jraven888 Community member Posts: 21 Listener
edited March 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi 
I have been awarded lcwra...
They have backdated it till October minus 3 months.
Ppl I know have had it backdated to their first sick note.
My first was in October 2018...in this time I have asked them to be upgraded to lcwra or any more help if they have it.
I cat manage on just UC.
I don't use journal much as I'm electro sensitive and my work coaches know and phone me.
Anyway I've said if one person is backdated to first sick note, all should be, I personally know of 3.They won't discuss this with me, and have told me there is no appeal process bar contacting my MP.The lady was very rude.
Has anybody else had backdated payments from the first sick note.
Just want to know if there is an appeal process, where do I get the appeal letter, or do I need to get legal advice. 
If so where from
I have memory and cognitive issues and find all this hard.
Thanks for any help

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,489 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You mention you asked them to "upgrade to LCWRA." Did you have an assessment in 2018 and were found to have LCW instead of LCWRA? If so then you won't receive extra money backdated to 2018.

For the most recent decision did you report a change of health condition and send it fit notes to support this? If so what date exactly did you report the changes? and did you send a fit note the whole time without any gaps until a decision was made on your new work capability assessment?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Jraven888
    Options
    Hi...
    I have had cancer , electro sensitivity, bad heart,depression, like I say I have had a continuous sick note since 2018...doctor put different things on them, different doctors.
    My work capability assessment was in january2023...
    They said my backdated pay was to October 4 2022...which makes no sense to me.
    She also said I cannot appeal as a session has been made, I said how can I appeal before one has, I'm not psychic.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Was this your first work capability assesment or did you have one before January 2023?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Jraven888
    Options
    I had one years ago but was told I was fit for work..
    I signed off, then made a fresh claim in 2018...
    It's took them a hell of a long time to give ma an assessment,mabee covid or whatever, but many ppl I know have had their money backdated to before the assessment to the first sick note.It even says this on help forums...it's confusing.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It is confusing @Jraven888 and that's more a reflection of the system/process than you as a person. Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything we can do to help it feel less confusing  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Jraven888
    Options
    Just neeed to know how to appeal...
    They have told me I can only on Gov.uk
    But I can't find how too.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello there @Jraven888, Scope has guidance on appealing a DWP decision:

To start mandatory reconsideration

Use the decision letter and statement of reasons the DWP sends you to say why you disagree with the decision. Say which part you want them to look at again and why you think it’s wrong.

You can either:

• send a completed mandatory reconsideration request (CRMR1 form)
    • write a letter telling them why you disagree with their decision

If you choose to write a letter, make sure you include all the information required by the online form.

Mandatory reconsideration (CRMR1) form and guidance (GOV.UK)

I hope this is helpful, but please let us know if you're still unsure about anything :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Jraven888
    Options
    Thank you.
    Where do I get a form.?
    She told me there is no reconsidering.
    Only through Gov.uk
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Jraven888 said:
    Just neeed to know how to appeal...
    They have told me I can only on Gov.uk
    But I can't find how too.

Before doing anything else you need to be clear when you think it should be paid from. I asked you questions which you didn't answer so it's not clear to me when the extra money is paid from. You were found fit for work in 2018 but also said you've been sending fit notes since 2018. If you're found fit for work then no further fit notes would be accepted for the same health condition.

It's very difficult to advise without being able to see your journal entries. I'd advise you to get some expert advice from an agency near you. https://advicelocal.uk/

• Jraven888
    Options
    Not sure which replies you get...
    Prior to 2018...
    Say 2015 to 2017...I was claiming...
    They have not said I was fit to work since 2018.
    From 2018 they accept I have a continuous fit note, and I have been ill.
  • Jraven888
    Options
    Can I show my journal some how
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Jraven888 said:
    Can I show my journal some how

No, it's not possible to do that on any online forum.

• Jraven888
    Options
    Ok...thank...
    Just to clarify..
    Are paments usually paid to 3 months after the start of your first sick notes...
  • poppy123456
    Options
    The waiting period is 3 full assessment periods. It's then paid from the 4th month after you reported your health condition, providing you sent a fit note within 7 days of that.
  • Jraven888
    Options
    I did...
    They are telling me this is not the case.
    Can I request a recording of the phone calls I had with the lady as proof of what she said to me?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    When you were found fit for work in 2018 what date was that? After this, for them to accept any further fit notes you should have reported a worsening of condition, did you do that? If so what date was that? 

Can i just ask, when you were told it would be from October 2022 what reason did they give for this?
  • Jraven888
    Options
    I have no recall off what happened in 2018...just that I started a fresh claim.
    Pretty sure that's when I started sick notes...
    She explained on a call about the october 2022..never made sense, none of it...
    That's why I want the recorded call...hold on I'll look at my journal.
  • Jraven888
    Options
    Can only presume on October 4th I moaned at a interview about not having enough money, but I always do.have done for years, I get no housing benefit and all my money goes to pay for my living accommodation. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You can look back through all of your journal to check when exactly you reported your health condition.
    What's the reason why you're not claiming for help with any rent? Are you living with parents?
  • Jraven888
    Options
    My point is other ppl get paid to when their sick notes started even before the reported it...
    Surely a sick note is saying you are ill.
    I have memory loss...
    I had 4 houses 15 years ago...illness made me sell 1 and live off profits so never signed on.
    My last one I live in has a mortgage.
    Was 260 pcm
    Paid 360 pcm
    Now interests have gone up.
    It's 500 pcm
    I now get 660.pcm.
    So I live on very little.
    I was told there is no help if you have a mortgage, they do not pay the interest any more..
    I will look at my journal.
    Did you get the emails of my journal entries.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.