Attempting some positivity — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Attempting some positivity

Options
NotReally
NotReally Community member Posts: 59 Pioneering
Trying to not get bogged down in the general poop of ... well, y'know.

Some positive things for me just recently:
  • Social care funding for this year was confirmed today
  • Boiler installation done in June last year was finally finished last week
  • There is a chance that I will be able to deliver autism & neurodiversity training for the company that provide my social care
I'd love to hear some good things from other's lives, so please join in. 

Comments

• durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 10,563 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Some positive things for me is;
    I started with a personal trainer last week 
    I have worked 💯 independly at work experience  yesterday 
    we are getting new tills in at my charity shops I volunteer in.
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I have found all the help and support i was looking for on The scope site, so my mission is done Thank You x
  • NotReally
    edited April 2023
    Options
    NotReally said:
    • There is a chance that I will be able to deliver autism & neurodiversity training for the company that provide my social care
    So, training is confirmed; 3 hours to senior staff.  This is excellent news ... I hope this will lead to further engagements in this area.

Housing provider / shared owner have agreed that the windows and (I think) the front door and refit the rear door.

I also met someone with whom there seems to be a budding friendship, which is ... it's hard to say just what a huge thing this is.  I have been really struggling with isolation.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,025 Scope online community team
    Options
    It looks like your attempts at positivity have paid off @NotReally.

I'm glad to hear that you received confirmation of the training and I hope it leads to even more positive developments for you. 

It's also great to hear that your housing provider has agreed to refit your windows and doors, I know it can be a fight sometimes. 

Lastly, I'm happy to hear that you have made a new friend. Isolation can be a difficult challenge to overcome, and having a new friend can make a huge difference. I hope your budding friendship continues to grow.

Community Manager
    Scope
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What a great thread to start @NotReally and it's lovely to hear your updates too :)

Something positive for me is that I got to enjoy some time in the Spring sunshine on my day off yesterday, and it really boosted my mood to be out in nature! 

[Alex's picture of the view from under a willow tree, with sun streaming through]
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • NotReally
    Options
    Small thing, which is ... I think may be transformative for me. 
    I used ChatGPT this morning to reply to a message on the UC portal. Suddenly, something that would have taken me at least half an hour, and I would have put off for days (maybe for ever), was done in five minutes. 

There's been other things happening, which have been utterly devistating; I've been attempting to get support, but ... well, it's been difficult.  I don't want to put anything more on these topics in this discussion though, want to keep the positive focus here.
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I've found the same with ChatGPT @NotReally. It helps me make the basis of what I want to say so I'm not sat for hours thinking of it and procrastinating. Hope you get the support you need <3
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I hope you are ok @NotReally If you feel you need support, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Some positivity from me - I bought a huge water bottle which I've had on my desk and over the past 2 days have significantly upped my hydration levels! This was something I've kept meaning to do and I hope it will become a habit I keep up *motivated face*
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.