The Government — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

The Government

Options
jw68
jw68 Community member Posts: 36 Connected
Are they going to tighten their grip around our necks??..I,for one,am very worried after hearing of today's developments.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,605 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you're talking about the changes for ESA Support Group and UC/LCWRA then there's a whole thread here related to this. https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/103226/the-future-for-the-disabled-claiming-uc-esa-etc-budget-march-2023#latest

The planned changes are a very long way off, with a date of 2026/27 and even as late as 2029 for a lot of people. Certainly nothing to worry about at this time.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jw68
    Options
    Thanks for that prompt reply.I will keep an eye on this thread.
  • jw68
    edited March 2023
    Options
    The planned changes are a very long way off, with a date of 2026/27 and even as late as 2029 for a lot of people. Certainly nothing to worry about at this time.

The problem is that i am already booked in for an appointment with a work coach who will be looking at ways i can do some form of work.Bearing in mind that there are now league tables and incentives for Job Centres to get disabled people back to work,it's fair to say that the future is NOT looking good for many of us.
  • ladyluck
    ladyluck Community member Posts: 69 Courageous
    Options
    Having just qualified for pip, I can’t understand this new rule. If we are deemed unfit for work, why are they expecting us to go back? We have 1.2 million jobs going, and 1.4 million unemployed. Surely they are the people who should be encouraged and trained back into work. This government hasn’t helped the disabled at all. We are bottom of the pile for any handouts, yet the most vulnerable members of society.  I realise over 55s, if they are able, have left the workplace. But they aren’t costing the government anything except lost tax receipts. If they didn’t keep moving the pension age, upsetting people’s plans, maybe they would have stayed. I know a few who have retired early and they refuse to return, I wish them luck. Most have worked and paid in for forty years. 
  • rebel11
    rebel11 Community member Posts: 1,661 Pioneering
    Options
    The big thing is that the Government can't reconcile the growth of the economy, with peoples well-being, the 'mind and body'. 
  • ladyluck
    Options
    Very disappointed that the chancellor did nothing again for the disabled. There are hundreds and hundreds going to groups that are fully fit and can work. After paying in for decades sadly, I can’t do very much now. I certainly can’t go looking for work! Why aren’t we being helped in the same way?  Being on multi medications means it’s hard to stay warm, as many of you will know. Good healthy food also is very important to keep us going. We are the forgotten ones. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,605 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    ladyluck said:
    Having just qualified for pip, I can’t understand this new rule. If we are deemed unfit for work, why are they expecting us to go back? 
    PIP has nothing to do with you’re ability to work. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • JBS2022
    JBS2022 Scope Member Posts: 2,075 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2023
    Options

PIP is not a "unfit to work" benefit, people can work and claim PIP. It's the WCA that's being scrapped.
    Life is better in a fishtank  🐟
  • ladyluck
    Options
    @poppy- thanks for clearing that up. As many,  many disabled are deemed unfit for work by their doctors and consultants, notes and reports being forwarded to assist with a decision on pip, I was actually referring to Jeremy Hunt’s news that he wants disabled people  to go back to work. My point was, that we are a vulnerable set of people and there are  other groups out there who are inactive by choice, who could train and work. 
  • Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,108 Pioneering
    edited March 2023
    Options
    tomm said:
    rebel11 said:
    The big thing is that the Government can't reconcile the growth of the economy, with peoples well-being, the 'mind and body'. 

It was this Govt That WRECKED the economy Deliberately, They have no intentions of fixing it  they want to usher in  the WEF's Great for them reset, if they really cared about the economy, they wouldn't be funding wars, and illegal immigrants in 4-5 star hotels  Both of which are costing the taxpayer a damn sight more than disability benefits,
    [removed by moderator - misinformation]
    Conspiracy theorist by any chance?

• Community_Scope
    Community_Scope Posts: 989 Scope online community team
    edited March 2023
    Options

Note from online community team:

Following review, we have now unpaused this discussion.

Please remember that all discussions on Scope’s online community should remain civil, supportive, and safe.

• Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,108 Pioneering
    Options
    tomm said:
    Cartini said:
    tomm said:
    rebel11 said:

It was this Govt That WRECKED the economy Deliberately, They have no intentions of fixing it  they want to usher in  the WEF's Great for them reset, if they really cared about the economy, they wouldn't be funding wars, and illegal immigrants in 4-5 star hotels  Both of which are costing the taxpayer a damn sight more than disability benefits,
    [removed by moderator - misinformation]
    Conspiracy theorist by any chance?

LOL, What is the difference between so-called conspiracy and Fact ?   (Clue ) It used to be 12mths

I think the fact that the mods have removed your misinformation speaks for itself.
  • jw68
    Options
    Oh...here it is...my thread has been moved over to this part of the forum,without anybody notifying me about it..lol :D

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.