Multiple sclerosis advice — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Multiple sclerosis advice

Options
jules5943
jules5943 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi, I’ve been poorly for over 10 years on and off. Was diagnosed with reactive arthritis, more recently psoriatic arthritis and now fibromyalgia. 
It’s got bad now and don’t work anymore. I’m not convinced it’s fibro and I’m starting to wonder if it’s ms.
Had a mri head scan done Thursday last week so waiting on results as I believe if I have ms it will show? 
You know when somethings really wrong with you and don’t think their diagnosis can be right because of how you feel? I have been feeling that for a while.

I am extremely fatigued. If I do something like I mowed grass, medium garden, been in bed 3 days exhausted and unable to do much at all. Trapped nerve feeling in my hip, bum cheek area for over 6 weeks with no reason why, making it hard to walk. Weak hands, tingling in fingers and feet, vision got worse, unexplained sharp pains over body. Memory is shocking, can’t remember why I walk in room half of time. 

I don’t have spasms though. 

In a way I’m hoping the mri shows ms so that I get an answer to all this. Especially now I’m not far off house bound.

any advice from sufferers of ms if this could be that disease and will mri scan tell me for sure?

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    This sounds really difficult for you @jules5943 :( Hopefully, you will receive an answer  <3
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.