Northern Ireland timescales — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Northern Ireland timescales

Options
KDB1989
KDB1989 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited April 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all,

I know decision timescales are NOT guaranteed and everyone is different but I called today to confirm all evidence will be used in decision (I submitted 2 pages after my assessment) I also requested my report.
The girl in the contact centre said that she would send out report but my decision is unlikely to be long as they are currently expecting decisions worst case within 4 weeks of assessment. I am about 10 days post assessment. 
Just thought I would pass on as things are different in NI and sometimes it is hard to get info as usually timescales are based on the rest of the UK.

K x 

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hey @KDB1989. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sure your experience will be invaluable for anyone experiencing anything similar.

How are you feeling about everything at the moment? Hopefully, that's a good sign that you only need to wait up to another few weeks. 

Please feel free to let us know how it goes and if there's anything we can do to support you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Skyhope77
    Skyhope77 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Options
    Hi.Esa keep turning me down they sent me p45 even though I've never worked because disablity I'm on universal credit I should not be .all so could someone tell me 67 pound vouchers enery supplier even though my electricity supplier is on government website bosting about I never received any the also give 100 out to help yet I never received nothing I'm so exhausted with all that's going on my health deterarating I've Rumatolgey Arthritis Vasculitis also strangled hernia appsesses gol stones cists inside my stomach I've had few falls I'm not getting no help I have two pay someone to come into my home for few hours week I'm So Devlated 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,691 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Skyhope77 said:
    Hi.Esa keep turning me down they sent me p45 even though I've never worked because disablity I'm on universal credit I should not be .all so could someone tell me 67 pound vouchers enery supplier even though my electricity supplier is on government website bosting about I never received any the also give 100 out to help yet I never received nothing I'm so exhausted with all that's going on my health deterarating I've Rumatolgey Arthritis Vasculitis also strangled hernia appsesses gol stones cists inside my stomach I've had few falls I'm not getting no help I have two pay someone to come into my home for few hours week I'm So Devlated 

The only ESA you can claim now is New style ESA which is a contributions based benefit only. You will need to have worked at some point in the previous 2 tax years to qualify for payments. If you have never worked then it's very unlikely you will qualify.

As you're claiming UC have you reported your health condition and sent in fit notes to start the work capability assessment process off? The process is the same as it always was for ESA. See link for more information. https://www.gov.uk/health-conditions-disability-universal-credit If you're found to have LCWRA then you'll be entitled to extra money from the 4th month after you reported your health condition.

The £66/67 month grant from the Government was paid to everyone that was named on an energy account so if you were then you should have received that which was paid from Oct to March.

I don't know what you're referring to with the £100 that you say is on the Government website, can you post a link to that please?

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Skyhope77
    Options
    Yes I've told them everything about my heath and that it's deterarating I had appioment yesterday to see if I've cancer doctor surgery rang yesterday we can't get you transport I've literally had enough I'm in so much pain I'm passing out waking up on ground my face head have been badly hurt I'm blanking out my body numbness pins needles blurie eyes difficulty controlling my emotions  
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    How was the appointment @Skyhope77?
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Skyhope77
    Options
    My appointment they cancelled it said they couldn't get me transport I don't believe that for one minute this was serious appointment the vasculitis has moved to other foot now I think infection has moved to my kidneys I can hardly move the pain sharp with heat I'm waking up with saliva over me with food sorry I know this serious my Gp took two weeks of never give me any antiflammatorys or steriods 2002 I took food poisoned campbotacda chicken it kicked of whole lot emergencys both my legs where swollen three times my body weight my mummy was diagnosed with, turmoil cancer the blood vessels busted in my feet which give me foot ulcers I couldn't see I was paralysed I was anointed twice I tott myself how walk year half took me but it was threw Anger I wanted to bang my head of ground I was very very ill I was getting flesh pulled everyday from my legs with massive sores  and these are leaving me die that's truth I have had 6 eye tests since 2015 each one different I'm fighting to keep my eyes open I've strangled hernia appsesses gol stones cists inside my stomach if one starts leaking I'm gone my hearing going I'm so done with Sickness and being treated like something of buttom shoes I can't take much more this.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for explaining @Skyhope77 I'd strongly urge you to contact your GP about this as soon as you're able to. If you're especially worried, and feel unsafe, please call 999 or 111 right away. 

You'll forgive me if I've forgotten, but is there anyone living with you at the moment?
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Skyhope77
    Options
    I've tryed they have left me 2weeks knowing I've vasculitis among other things someone on here said they where putting In refural for assessment can anyone tell me if this was done please thank you very much for your help.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,691 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Skyhope77 said:
     someone on here said they where putting In refural for assessment can anyone tell me if this was done please thank you very much for your help.
    If you're asking about referrals for the work capability assessment for your UC claim then we can't tell you that. Scope has nothing to do with your UC claim because they're not DWP.

Are you reporting fit notes for your UC claim? If you are then you need to put a message onto your journal to ask them to refer you for the work capability assessment.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Skyhope77
    Options
    Sorry I wasn't askibg about uc .thanks 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Skyhope77

Please keep an eye on your emails for something from us about a needs assessment (I think that's what you're referring to!).

It should land in your inbox within the next hour  :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.