Hi, my name is MrsPhoo! Assessment/award timeline for PIP after text from IAS

MrsPhoo
MrsPhoo Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited March 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi,

I received this text on 1st March:

Hello from Independent Assessment Services. We conduct Personal Independence Payment (PIP) assessments for the Department for Work and Pensions DWP. This is for information purposes only, to let you know that we are managing your PIP assessment. We will look at the available evidence and will contact you with an appointment if we need to have a consultation with you. You can find information about the service we provide at https://www.mypipassessment.co.uk. You do not need to contact us.

I'm just wondering how long after other people got this message they were contacted - did you all have an assessment or do they make some decisions without one? 

Just looking for some kind of timeline, can't help but worry while you wait! 

Thanks!

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,145 Championing
    If this is a review you could still be waiting a considerable length of time for an assessment (most have them). We have members here that are still waiting quite a few months after that text.

If it's a first time claim then anything from a few months to several months.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,371 Championing
    Hi @MrsPhoo - & welcome to the community. This is just a standard text, & you should expect an assessment as they are usual. Some people do have a paper assessment (so no assessment), but these are comparitively rare. It's difficult to give a timeline as to when you may get an assessment, so try not to worry if you can.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,145 Championing

If it's a first time claim then anything from a few months to several months.

Sorry, that should read "anything from a few weeks to several months" can't edit comments at the moment.
  • MrsPhoo
    Thanks guys, it's a first claim
  • MarieBarl
    MarieBarl Community member Posts: 161 Empowering
    In my case I had a decision in about 6 weeks from completion of the assessment. Mine wasn't very complicated though.

I got the money in the bank a couple of days before I got any formal statement from the DWP.
  • MrsPhoo
    MarieBarl said:
    In my case I had a decision in about 6 weeks from completion of the assessment. Mine wasn't very complicated though.

I got the money in the bank a couple of days before I got any formal statement from the DWP.

How long did you wait between the first text and getting your assessment appointment?
  • navalnurse
    navalnurse Community member Posts: 16 Listener
    I had exactly the same e mail and had been waiting nearly 14 months for a reply from pip
    thank god I rang them to be told by a caseworker that my file had just been sitting there on the desk doing nothing
    He chased it all up promised to ring me back same afternoon,did,and I have video assessment next week
    highly suggest you do the same
  • MarieBarl
    I didn't ask this bit - 

How long did you wait between the first text and getting your assessment appointment?

So assuming I am being asked, I think the time between the acknowledgment and actually being advised of my appointment wss about 2 weeks. The whole thing from signing up to actual first payment was less than 4 months. 

I am so sorry yours has been so long.

• MarieBarl
    MarieBarl said:
    I didn't ask this bit - 

So assuming I am being asked, I think the time between the acknowledgment and actually being advised of my appointment wss about 2 weeks. The whole thing from signing up to actual first payment was less than 4 months. 

I am so sorry yours has been so long.

Not sure what happened you will probably need to click the quote