pip assessment phone call - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip assessment phone call

Options
2»

Comments

• Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,503 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

@deb74
    I’m glad your assessment wasn’t cancelled again.
    I had mine in January and only waited 2 weeks to hear back, I couldn’t believe it, although everybody’s wait time is different.I hope you don’t wait to long.
  • deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    Options
    Was anyone asked weird questions by pip assessor? She asked me able bathing and after she asked  if I had a bath or shower and I told her the shower was over the bath she started to ask questions that really were none of her business. She asked me how often I had a shower and if I ever had a bath. When I told I don't use the bath she asked me when I last had a bath! Surely that is personal. I shouldn't have to discuss things like how often I have a shower to anyone! 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,886 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    deb74 said:
    Was anyone asked weird questions by pip assessor? She asked me able bathing and after she asked  if I had a bath or shower and I told her the shower was over the bath she started to ask questions that really were none of her business. She asked me how often I had a shower and if I ever had a bath. When I told I don't use the bath she asked me when I last had a bath! Surely that is personal. I shouldn't have to discuss things like how often I have a shower to anyone! 

It's perfectly normal for them to ask those sort of questions. They are trying to gather more evidence to support your claim. Some people may not bath/shower that often because of mental health and they may not have any motivation to do that Or because they are unable to get into the bath/shower because of physical conditions so mostly they have to strip wash.

It may seem like some questions are way too personal but they have to ask them because it's part of the assessment process.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • deb74
    Options
    I understand why she sked why I didn't bath but I didn't appreciate her asking how often I had a shower. I was not asked such personal questions when I had my last asssessment.
  • rebel11
    rebel11 Community member Posts: 1,664 Pioneering
    edited April 2023
    Options
    They do ask what seem 'weird' to us, questions. But's honest answers can be 'skewed', example 'can you read?' you answer 'yes', that can be interpreted as 'he reads'.  

So much depends on the 'individual' who is carrying out the assessment and their 'intentions'. 
  • deb74
    Options
    I have just had a text from dwp saying they have got the assessment and it will take 6 weeks. It is just a case of wait and see what happens now! 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,886 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Those 6 weeks can be anything up to 12 weeks.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • deb74
    Options
    Oh well. I will just have to be patient!
  • Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 21,439 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Fingers crossed it is good news. @deb74

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.