Voluntary National Insurance payments — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Voluntary National Insurance payments

Options
Whirlygirl1
Whirlygirl1 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
edited May 2023 in Work and employment
Im disabled with progressive MS.  I have one more year's worth of National Insurance payments to make in order to be able to claim full penson when I reach retirement age.  I was advised that if I went self-employed this would be cheaper (Ive not worked for 5 years but was then employed and after this I made 2 years worth of full contributions as if I was still employed.  Last  year I went Self Employed as someone locally was prepared to offer me a role working from home - however, unfortunately this did not work out as the contract was not suitable. (they had no experience of contract law and I was advised not to take it under any circumstances).

This leaves me with a self employment UTR number (which is great) and Ive been advised to pay my final National Insurance year using this as it is cheaper than if I was employed.

Please can someone tell me how do I found out what the amount would be that I need to pay for the April 22/April 23 year? as a self employed person.  Also who do I need to call to make the payment? 
Tagged:

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.