Potential Care Contributions thing?

FactionParadox
FactionParadox Community member Posts: 21 Contributor
Hi all,

So I've got a job after losing the ESA. That's good news, haven't started it yet due to needing references/DBS check due to working in care. It's good work and I'm looking forward to it.

Today, I got an email from my local council saying I've gone from paying £300 a month towards my care contributions to nothing a month because they know I lost my benefits.

They say it's based on me apparently having savings of £110 but that's wrong, it's £16000 so clearly it hasn't been updated in a while. I haven't heard from them or done a reassessment in a while.

Any advice on what to do? I'm slightly confused. I'm not sure if I qualify for no contributions, even if the freed up money would help my situation.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,144 Championing
    edited March 2023
    You will need to contact them and tell them about your savings because as you said they have the incorrect amount. Once you tell them they will recalculate your financial assessment and then it will determine how much you'll need to contribute.

Great news with the Job, i hope you enjoy it!! Good luck!
  • FactionParadox
    FactionParadox Community member Posts: 21 Contributor
    Thanks Poppy. I knew it was something obvious but I'm a bit burnt out and scatterbrained right now from all the job interviews and everything's that going on. You've been a pillar of support to me and I really appreciate it.

It's as a night care assistant at a care home, the residents seem nice enough and I'm a night owl anyhow.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,144 Championing
    You're welcome. Sounds the perfect job for you and i hope you'll be very happy! It didn't take long to find the job either, which is fantastic!