Gaslighting from Judges — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Gaslighting from Judges

Options
FrankV
FrankV Community member Posts: 23 Connected
Today I faced an initial hearing in court with regards to a new claim against Lloyds Pharmacy for unlawful discrimination and yet again I was browbashed by a Judge who vehemently ignored the legislation under s63 of the County Court Act 1984, s15,s114 of the Equality Act where it clearly states that in Disability Discrimination claims, in any court proceedings an assessor is required and in s15 of the Equality Act it states clearly that No Comparator is required. 
The Judge was blatantly rude and subjected me to Direct Discrimination in the court, even summonsing security detail into the court room after she had triggered my anxiety levels to the point where I began to inflict self harm in the court. I even went on to explain the risks of suicide to which she promptly commented, 'What you choose to do outside of this court is none of my concern'

Because of my Mental Health Disability I pleaded with the Judge to allow me the opportunity to explain my case as best as possible, yet because our court session started late and was fast approaching the designated lunch hour of 1-2pm, the Judge pushed me to rush my explanation, even though I had pleaded for patience in the matter. 
As a result I had to remove myself from proceedings before the end because I simply could not face hearing her ridiculous waffle about why an assessor may be required and the difficulties thereof, including that a comparator would be necessary when it clearly states in s15 that NO Comparator is required in disability discrimination.

So there we go, an individual once again has to suffer at the hands of prejudice within the legal system....and as a litigant in person, what can we do? 

IF anyone can direct me towards a legal professional who has an understanding of the Equality Act 2010, I would greatly appreciate their details.

The only way this is going to stop is when more people stand together.   
Please do NOT signpost me to the general charities which include MIND or SAMARITANS etc for help because that is a trigger for my anxiety. I know you mean well, but everyone is different and it just does not work for me, I've tried. 

Comments

• CountryMimi
    CountryMimi Scope Member Posts: 152 Pioneering
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear this, this is absolutely disgraceful that it was allowed to get to the point where you were so distressed. I can only help but wonder if she has so little compassion and empathy for every case? 

I don't have any advice about a legal professional unfortunately. 
  • 2oldcodgers
    2oldcodgers Posts: 743 Connected
    Options
    Additionally a good friend's wife sits as a senior magistrate and it is well known of her that she does not accept   what we would say that some people are classed as vulnerable. All are treated the same and equal.
  • FrankV
    FrankV Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    Options
    Totally corrupt they are!
    Please do NOT signpost me to the general charities which include MIND or SAMARITANS etc for help because that is a trigger for my anxiety. I know you mean well, but everyone is different and it just does not work for me, I've tried. 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about what's happened today @FrankV it sounds incredibly distressing! We'd like to support you with how you're feeling, so please keep an eye out for an email from us a little later on. 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.