Housing help — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Housing help

Options
auroratatty12
auroratatty12 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello everybody 👋 
I am a disabled person that really need some help. Feel like I cannot cope anymore.

I lived in a council property for almost 10 years. I was given the property because I was vulnerable and homeless at 17. The home was awful in a series state of disrepair.. there were issues with damp and mould, boiler breakdowns, leaks and floods. My landlord did not care and discriminated against me. I contacted MPs counsellors, doctors support via letters. My landlord ignore them all.. I need I'm going to the national news
And also instructed a solicitor. 

My council did not like this, they put my account in rent arrears, sent me threatening letters.. they  made my life.

I ended up moving to a housing association I had no other choice. it's the worst place I've ever lived. Post is stolen, cannabis is smoking all day everyday. Parties are thrown all the time, people urinate on the floor and in the lifts..my  home is a newbuild flat, he does not fit. The needs of a disabled person it is not disabled friendly. 
My housing association say that I have to go back to my local council if I want to help. The waiting list for a home is 20 years. 
I wanted to get some advice. , do you think it's possible to fight for my council date to be reinstated?. after all, I had no choice, but to leave. Has anybody had success with medical priority for Disabilty's?
Thanks 

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.