LCWRA Reassessment/Review & Fit Notes — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA Reassessment/Review & Fit Notes

Options
Angela45
Angela45 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited March 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi. I suffer with depression, anxiety and OCD. I was awarded Universal Credit with LCWRA in Feb 2019 after my mum passed away. I also receive ESA. I filled out WCA form but didn’t have to go for an assessment. I received a message on my UC journal in Feb 2022 saying I had to start supplying fit notes again. When I asked why they said it was because my LCWRA was up for a review and I needed to be reassessed. I heard that they aren’t doing reassessments at the moment. I have been supplying fit notes for over a year and it is very stressful trying to get new ones from the doctors. All this is making my depressive and anxiety worse. I would appreciate any advice. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    LCWRA is an ongoing award until a new decision says otherwise. You shouldn't need to send any further fit notes so the message you had last year wasn't correct. Reviews are suspended and have been for almost 3 years. Put a message onto your journal and tell them you do not need to send any further fit notes because you've already been found to have LCWRA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Angela45
    Options
    Thank you. That’s what I thought after reading other information online. I did question it quite a few times on my journal last year but they kept saying that I need to keep supplying up to date fit notes. Will try leaving another message but am not very hopeful. 
  • paries1
    paries1 Community member Posts: 380 Pioneering
    Options
    Really strange that they’ve made you send in fit notes for over a year and worrying that they could make others do it. I thought once awarded LCWRA you had to be reassessed again for anything to change. If you’ve left messages on your journal and they’re still insisting on fit notes they could potentially do this to the rest of us receiving LCWRA. Let us know what happens Angela45 pls 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    There's been a couple of other threads over the past several months where they've been asked to do the same. Can't remember what happened with that though.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • paries1
    Options
    Very strange . 
    Just been on gov website and found this . Says they have reassessed some but only a fraction compared to new claims 

• poppy123456
    Options
    That's likely referring to those that were sent forms just at the start of the pendemic. I had one in March 2020 but mine was paper based and had the decision in early July 2020.
  • paries1
    Options
    Oh ok , thanks poppy123456. 
    Just really hoping they leave me alone for the rest of this year. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It's very unlikely they will start back anytime soon. When they do there will be huge delays so i wouldn't think you'll be reviewed anytime soon. If it's UC you're claiming, the good thing (if you want to call it that) is when you're reviewed you will receive a letter on your journal telling you that you're being referred. Within the next week you should receive the form in the post. Those claiming ESA just have that lovely surprise (not) in the post.
  • Angela45
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Yes I had a paper form in 2020 as well and had a decision not long after saying my LCWRA would continue. Then in Feb 2022 they just started demanding Fit notes again. I worry the doctors will stop giving them to me soon. I’m due a new one in July. I also worry about putting further messages on my journal as it may trigger the assessment and I’m scared about that as well. It’s all very overwhelming. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    They are suspended so it shouldn’t trigger anything. 
  • Angela45
    Options
    Ok. Thanks. Will let you know how I get on. 
  • paries1
    Options
    It's very unlikely they will start back anytime soon. When they do there will be huge delays so i wouldn't think you'll be reviewed anytime soon. If it's UC you're claiming, the good thing (if you want to call it that) is when you're reviewed you will receive a letter on your journal telling you that you're being referred. Within the next week you should receive the form in the post. Those claiming ESA just have that lovely surprise (not) in the post.
    Thanks poppy123456. 
  • paries1
    Options
    Angela45 said:
    Yes I had a paper form in 2020 as well and had a decision not long after saying my LCWRA would continue. Then in Feb 2022 they just started demanding Fit notes again. I worry the doctors will stop giving them to me soon. I’m due a new one in July. I also worry about putting further messages on my journal as it may trigger the assessment and I’m scared about that as well. It’s all very overwhelming. 
    I know exactly how you feel about thinking something will trigger a reassessment. I don’t even sign into my journal, my landlord put the rent up by £50 pm in November 2022 and I just pay it out of my LCWRA money rather than having to deal with the rigmarole of uploading a new tenancy agreement, I think that’s mainly to do with the fear that it’ll trigger an assessment but as poppy123456 has said it shouldn’t, the worry never goes though . 
  • JBS2022
    JBS2022 Scope Member Posts: 2,075 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As LCWRA is an ongoing award, you shouldn't be asked for notes, even if they had restarted. Loads of people have received this message on the journal, although noone actually seems to have been reviewed. It's seems to be a mistake. As far as I'm aware, reviews have not restarted.
    Life is better in a fishtank  🐟
  • poppy123456
    Options
    paries1 said:
    Angela45 said:
    I know exactly how you feel about thinking something will trigger a reassessment. I don’t even sign into my journal, my landlord put the rent up by £50 pm in November 2022 and I just pay it out of my LCWRA money rather than having to deal with the rigmarole of uploading a new tenancy agreement, I think that’s mainly to do with the fear that it’ll trigger an assessment but as poppy123456 has said it shouldn’t, the worry never goes though . 

Reporting changes such as increase in rent will not trigger a new assessment. Rent has nothing to do with LCWRA. However, if you're privately renting then you may already be claiming the maximum housing element for your circumstances. You can check the amount you're entitled to here. https://lha-direct.voa.gov.uk/ the amounts will be weekly so you'll need to convert it to monthly, to do that "times" the amount by 52 and then divide by 12.

• life
    life Community member Posts: 527 Pioneering
    Options
    I actually talked to someone from UC about this last year and they said it's just something that gets sent to UC accounts. They made it clear that as I'm on lcwra I don't have to send in fit notes and to disregard the message.

I still get the the message.
  • life
    life Community member Posts: 527 Pioneering
    Options
    It won't let me upload a picture of the message but it's under to do list and says health - declare a new fit note. 
  • JBS2022
    JBS2022 Scope Member Posts: 2,075 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    life said:
    It won't let me upload a picture of the message but it's under to do list and says health - declare a new fit note. 
    Lots of people have been getting these messages. DWP say ignore it if you LCWRA
    Life is better in a fishtank  🐟
  • Angela45
    Options
    Thank thank you to everyone for their comments. I think I will try and contact Citizens Advice and see what I get say. I’m worried if I just stop sending fit notes they will stop the l extra money I get for LCWRA. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    LCWRA is an ongoing award until a new decision says otherwise, it doesn't just stop. Fit notes are no longer needed.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.