If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Cindrella1! Stressed waiting for PIP review decision.

Options
Cindrella1
Cindrella1 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
edited March 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Had my review for pip in Feb was so stressed out as it was by phone and I have a severe phobia of using any phones was told at the end of the call I would still receive it and they even sent me a message to say that I would still receive it but never had another payment so now I don't know what to do as to say this is stressing me just as much as the phone call did don't know what to do.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,094 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2023
    Options
    It's not clear whether your PIP has stopped completely or whether you're still receiving payments? Your PIP should continue until a decision is made on your review. Has a decision been made yet? If it has then you should have received a decision letter.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Cindrella1
    Options
    No decision has been made yet was told it could take up to six weeks before I hear anything about a decision have been sent a letter and had message to say I would keep receiving pip but not had a payment this month.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    A decision can actually take anything up to 12 weeks once the assessment report was returned to DWP (assuming the phone call you had was an actual assessment) not just from a decision maker.
    but not had a payment this month.
    Has a payment been missed? or your usual payment isn't due yet?

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @cindrella1 and a warm welcome to our online community, how's your Sunday going?

I'm sorry the review caused you a lot of anxiety, well done for getting through it - particularly given you have a fear of using telephones. That shows some bravery. 

I was wondering when you normally received your payment? 

If you give us a little more information, we'll endeavour to help. And just to let you know, I've moved your thread to our PIP, DLA and AA category and amended the title to help others find it.

Best wishes and take care.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Cindrella1
    Options
    Last payment was Feb 23rd was due another payment this month but still nothing.
  • Cindrella1
    Options
    Payments are made every 4 weeks.
  • Blue_eyes
    Blue_eyes Community member Posts: 91 Courageous
    edited March 2023
    Options
    From your post I understand that you are very stressed to make a phone call etc.,but in this case you should call DWP ,or ask someone to call on your behalf. 
    It seems like they stopped your payments.
    You should do this ASAP (call them) to save yourself more stress.
    I hope it's a mistake on their part and everything will be cleared up. 
  • Cindrella1
    Options
    Thank you for your kind words but no one will ring for me as they don't understand how stressful it is for me I literally broke down in tears on the phone because I was so stressed out.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Last payment was Feb 23rd was due another payment this month but still nothing.

Then your next payment should have been 23rd March, last Thursday. The decision could have already been made but you haven't received the decision letter yet. It's not unusal for letters to take up to 2 weeks from DWP. Once you receive the decision if you're not happy you can request the Mandatory Reconsideration.
  • rebel11
    rebel11 Community member Posts: 1,664 Pioneering
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Thank you for your kind words but no one will ring for me as they don't understand how stressful it is for me I literally broke down in tears on the phone because I was so stressed out.
    Have you got a CAB office near you?, if you book an appointment, then go to the office, they can make contact on your behalf. When you get stressed over it, try to 'distract' yourself, listen to music, watch TV etc. Worrying abot something you don't know as fact, is a waste of energy.
  • Cindrella1
    Options
    Thank you will take your advice and try CAB.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Best of luck @cinderella1 keep us in the loop with how things go, we're here for support in the meantime :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 10,884 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that you are stressed about PIP but you might want to think of doing some self care for yourself while you are waiting for a response. 
  • Cindrella1
    Options
    Have had the decision made they have reduced it saying i can cook with an aid but since my elbow replacement and injured shoulder haven't been able to and I am only just recieving physio after three years of going to doctors about hip and back pain.have told them about this but they have rejected anything I said so will have social on my back know saying I'm fit for work shoulder and elbow still really sore have had to use a crutch in my left hand .
  • poppy123456
    Options
    PIP has nothing to do with your ability to work. If you disagree with the PIP decision you can request the MR.
  • Cindrella1
    Options
    Yeah was thinking about it just really stressed again at the moment have had to pluck up the nerve to ring them again for non payment.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2023
    Options
    I can hear you are feeling really stressed at the moment @Cindrella1. Would anything help to reduce your stress and make it feel more manageable for you at the moment?

Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything that would help. Also, how did it go when you called them? Hopefully, this went well for you.

Please feel free to let us know more about this and if there's anything we can do to help. We are all here for you and listening to you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Cindrella1
    Options
    Thanks have been trying to keep calm about everything they didn't pay me on the Monday when I had to ring them about no payment then to stress me out even more had to ring again because they still hadn't payed me they said payment was suspended I said why they've made a decision supposed to get lower payment because they had stopped disability due to me not having a nebuliser and said that they see my conditions as getting better I have COPD.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Oh no, this does sound stressful @Cindrella1 :( Would anything help at the moment?  <3
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.