🏠 🙏 HELP ME HOME OPTIONS 🙏🏠 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

🏠 🙏 HELP ME HOME OPTIONS 🙏🏠

Options
Skitzejojodoherty
Skitzejojodoherty Community member Posts: 23 Listener
Hey Everyone, 

Good Morning. My name is is Joanne and I need to ask you for advice. What am I doing wrong? 

I been on home options now since 2018 . I mean 2018. I look Know we had to deal with Covid and be cost of living in to deal with.

I do get it , but i am really really struggling to see light at the end of the tunnel as i seem to be going no where fast.

I am desperate to get my own place . im 43 now beginning of april and i am in a place that i dont feel like i am getting anywhere . im at my mums and its seriously aint helping with my anxiety and depression. 

Cut a long story short, 
I have bidding since i 2018 I have 2 support workers from Pobl. I have been on Band A for good knows how long.
I have been number one on more than one occassions.  And i have never even seen a property never mind being offered.

I know ive had some issues but ive do so much to turn my life around. I am clean from heroin and that was my lowest.  but i havent come this far to give up as i want to make something postive out of the worst moments of  life.  i need to show that if i can get through addiction  and ive completed cbd and mindfullness course with GSSMS who has my back. 

It's been a while. I am not going backwards so i dont see why i should put myself in hostel and feel like i know more than anyone how hard losing my children.  which is my fault but i have worked so hard  i want my children t see that u can do anything, and to be proud that i finally got a place. that i can some how feel like i will be 100 per cent proof that surely there got to something. 

i had wrote letters and emails etc and still i have not even come close. i dont want to be palmed off anymore. 

i need help and guidance pease is there anything else that i can do. please help me find voice and what are my rights.is there anything i can do or say x

Comments

• Skitzejojodoherty
    Skitzejojodoherty Community member Posts: 23 Listener
    Options
    any spellings mistakes ii apologise xx
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

Have you tried contacting the organisation called shelter tho they mainly deal with homeless you could also try your local mp 

Unfortunately waiting lists are long and homeless and those with children living with them take priority 

Well done for getting yourself through the addiction 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Skitzejojodoherty and thanks for sharing this with the community :)

Being on the waiting list for the housing register is not something I'm personally familiar with, but I know that some of our members can really relate to this stressful and difficult experience themselves. 

As jane has mentioned you might like to speak to Shelter, who have information and advice on things like moving up the list or getting decisions reviewed.

If you feel we can help with anything further, please do ask, and we'll do what we can to help!
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Luchia
    Luchia Community member Posts: 282 Pioneering
    Options
    Hey :) 

Firstly well done for overcoming your addiction that’s a huge achievement!

When it comes to housing it can be a bit of a minefield, even though your showing 1st place on the bids they do have “Invisible Bids” which is when the system auto bids for people but they won’t show on the website so that could be why your coming 1st on some but not getting an offer.
    Unfortunately the wait list can be several years even on the highest banding as if someone with more priority(or the property type suits their needs more) it will go to them even if you have waited longer.

The best thing you can do is keep bidding and something will eventually come along.
    The wait time depends on the area and how many people come onto the list with more priority/need.
    Don’t give up, it can take years but it will be well worth it in the end. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.