If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UC/WRCA/ESA

Options
Breacon
Breacon Community member Posts: 101 Courageous
Hi All
I have just got of the phone, since 9.30am, feeling quite exhausted.
I spoke to CAB this am, & she completed a benefit calculation for me, she agreed with Poppy, that I should receive UC & Wraca.
I rang UC, who stated I wasn't entitled to UC. I Rang CAB back, who then advised I do a new claim for UC today, I rang back UC, to be told, I had an open UC journal, although no award, I explained wrac, & advised to ring ESA, which I did, I was informed, that the wrca is included in my ESA of £117.60 per week, & was back dated, to last Sept, which resulted in the overpayment of UC. Esa also stated that, I should possibly get some UC.
I rang UC back, & apparently It is with my case manager to look at before 19th April, so I will be contacted before this date......I suppose, when they have looked at it.
Just another nightmare day dealing with benefits.....again mentally exhausted & ready for a lie down, in a darkened room.
But wanted to pass on the info, as received advice from Poppy regarding WRAC.
Many thanks.

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm not surprised you're tired @Breacon these things can be like a nightmare! I hope you're able to settle and relax this evening, and can put this to the back of your mind for now. 

Remember the community is here to support you whenever, even if it's just for a friendly chat, so don't hesitate to ask if you need anything :) 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,097 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for the update. Just so that you're aware it's not known as WRAC, it's known as LCWRA, which stands for Limited Capability For Work Related Activity.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Breacon
    Options
    Thank you,
    I know I'm not in the right place to make this comment, but whilst on the phone to CAB, she mentioned a fuel voucher, that I could possibly get, however, as I don't have a pre paid metre, I am not eligible.
    I diidnt ask why, but I am curious...should anyone wish, to throw some light on it.
    Many thanks.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Pre payment meters are when you pay for your energy before you use it. If you don't have any of those then you won't run out of gas/electric. The vouchers are of no use for any other meters.
    If you're having difficulty payment your energy bills then speak to your energy provider and they may have some extra funding to help you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Breacon
    Options
    I understand now, that makes sense.
    Yes I will speak to SP. I understand from CAB, that individuals, with disabilities, can have a lower tariff.
    So I will inquire about that.
    That may help other people on here also....
    Many thanks.
  • Breacon
    Options
    Hi All,
    I contacted Scottish Power yesterday, to be told that everyone, is on a standard variable rate for energy prices.
    So as far as that issue is concerned, it appears we don't get a cheaper tariff.
    Many thanks.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    They were correct that there's no cheaper tariffs but if you're struggling to pay your bills they maybe able to help you financially.
  • Breacon
    Options
    Yes thank you, I've set up a payment.....
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thank you for keeping us in the loop with how things are for you at the moment @Breacon. How are you feeling about the set-up of a payment? Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything we can do to support you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.