Women with learning disabilities and older men with learning disabilities: are they compatible? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Women with learning disabilities and older men with learning disabilities: are they compatible?

Options
Splatmate24
Splatmate24 Community member Posts: 380 Courageous

Could a man with a learning disability and older than me be the ideal partner for me? I realize that all of my previous relationships failed because they were younger than me. As a young woman with a learning disability, I wasn't interested in many older men. However, now I might be more interested in men who are older than me. Younger men don't really care about relationships. Having previously dated or been in a relationship with men who also have learning disabilities has happened to me. Some young men don't seem to care about finding a partner or dating. I've been trying to find older men who have a learning disability, to see if there is any difference between those who are younger. People with learning disabilities are considered mature or immature at about the age of maturity. Those are some of my own experiences with some men I met or befriended. In addition, I have seen some learning disability men on Facebook dating. The new man that i been texting is also looking for a long term relationship and looking for friends. Before he responded, he asked me what I was looking for. I'm interested in getting to know the person first then serious relationship after that. Then both have common interested of liking dogs the other men i be bit turn off for only prefer to text only and not interested in video call or mobile phone/cell phone to call . 

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It is really important that you take care of yourself @Splatmate24 and recognise what works best for you. When you say "older", how older are you meaning?

Please remember to take care of yourself. Although difficulties with younger men may mean you are looking to older men, there can be complications with older men too.

How have things been for you more recently? We are here for you if you would like to share more with us  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Splatmate24
    Options
    @L_Volunteer i set my age range to age 30 but i did got a match with men that is 33 year old and he was first one to text me first and just let see how is go and did then he did message me on Facebook and texting .  he doesn't look like 33 year old .  did meetup with him . the younger men that i noticed just seem not a interest being in a relationship or try to force me to go fast when  i no i'm not interest in going to fast then they end up ghosting me when they didn't get what they want from me  . 

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Older guys sound better for you so far @Splatmate24, at least based on the experiences you have described. How did the meet-up go?  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Splatmate24
    Options
    @L_Volunteer the meetup went well but after the meetup things started to change with stopped texting me and hasn't say anything about relationship but did before we meetup . now i',m moving on again .older men should know better . kinds of better  experiences . i match with men that was on badoo 35 year old and told me that he was too old for me . that not good i just blocked him after . guys that are near 30 seem to be ok . par that i met from badoo but went on to WhatsApp and that went the questions t one men that ask to get into bed but I said no after i sent a sent a normal selfie .  . is means same things of sex . i did lookup on the internet . sp I'm guessing age doesn't really matter that much they just be just immature as yonger .

• L_Volunteer
    Options
    How are you feeling about it changing since you met @Splatmate24? Oh, immaturity is too common  :p

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.