If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Please could you help

Options
Agnia
Agnia Community member Posts: 924 Connected
Hi i was calling uc today asking about extending deadline for uc50 form to send this gentleman who answered my call said that I should put the request in my journal im really scared that the coach work will not agree to extend dedline 
this gentelmen who answered the phone call updated my fit note today the doctor gave me to start from 27/03 
my last fit note finished on 14/03 
i got message from nhs today that gp will contact me tomorrow regarding my request about fit note to start from 14/03 not 27/03 
when I filled e consult form online to request appointment I did request fit note the start date from 14/03 

please could you confirm if it will be possible to update the sick note again in my journal to start from 14/03 if the doctor agrees tomorrow and can give me a new one to start from 14/03 

Thank you 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,129 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There's no extended time to return the UC50 form and it must be returned by the date stated in the letter you received with the form.
    If there's a vulnerable marker on your file then the rules can be relaxed where they may not find you fit for work if you don't return it by the date but it's not guaranteed. For this reason you must make sure it's returned by the deadline. https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/universal-credit/if-youre-sick-or-disabled/finish-and-send-the-work-capability-form-for-universal-credit/
    The work capability assessment has nothing to do with your work coach. The Health Assessment Advisory Service deal with this. You can see their details here. https://chdauk.co.uk/
    Yes, you will be able to provide details of the new fit note.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Agnia
    Options
    @poppy123456 Thank you for  your help, please could you confirm what does it mean if there is vulnerable marker on my file 
    it’s really hard for me because im not feeling well and to express myself it’s my second language English, should i call the health assessment advise service to ask about extending time for uc50? 
  • Agnia
    Options
    Please could you confirm what happens if I send uc50 form after the date and my uc payment shopped? What can I do then ? Thank you 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If you don't return the form by the date in the letter your file could be returned to DWP. If this happens you could be found fit for work for failing to return the form. Your UC won't stop and your usual payments will continue as normal.
    When is the form supposed to be returned by? If it was me then i would just fill it out as best as you can, include any supporting evidence you have and just return it. This way it will all be done.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Agnia said:
    @poppy123456 Thank you for  your help, please could you confirm what does ..
    Poppy has asked several times that you do not highlight her name as a request. She does not receive notifications. She will reply to you when she sees something and chooses to reply.

Poppy specifically said to you in a previous thread
    I would appreciate it if you could please stop tagging me because i have all notifications turned off. If i see a question that i can answer and i'm on the forum i will answer but i don't want members thinking i'm ignoring them….
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Agnia
    Options
    Hi there are no gaps in fit notes the doctor gave me another fit note my anxiety is really high 
    Please can someone write about their experience to send uc50 form for depression and anxiety 
    thank you very much 

• poppy123456
    Options
    It's not going to help you by reading things like that. There's a guide here to help fill out the form. It does say ESA but the UC50 form is identical.

• Agnia
    Options
    im sure they will score me zero points i don’t know how to express myself its my second language I have mental block as well 

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    This sounds really difficult @Agnia and beyond your control - not your fault at all  :( Would anything support you with expressing yourself, for example, assistive technology?  <3
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Agnia
    Options

Hi please could you confirm if is possible to send more information once uc50 form was sent ? What can I do if I get decision fit for work ? Thank you 

• Agnia
    Options

@L_Volunteer Thank you please could you confirm what do you mean by assistive technology?

• poppy123456
    Options
    Agnia said:

Hi please could you confirm if is possible to send more information once uc50 form was sent ? What can I do if I get decision fit for work ? Thank you 

Yes you can send more evidence. Once a decision is made if you're not happy then you can  request the Mandatory Reconsideration. (MR)
    Before a decision is made you'll most likely need an assessment because most have them. They are mostly done through telephone but some are also face to face or video call.
  • Agnia
    Options
    Hi please could you confirm what happens if tribunal finds me fit for work ? Thank you 

• poppy123456
    Options
    You haven't had the actual assessment yet so try not to think about that. DWP have to make a decision on your claim first before you can take it any further and they maybe no need to do that.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Assistive technology is technology which can be used to support you with things you find difficult. For example, dictation, read aloud, mindmapping, focused timers and to do lists @Agnia.

How have things been for you more recently? Apologies about my delayed response but I am here again now. Please do not hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can do to help  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Agnia
    Options
    @L_Volunteer Thank you for response im having really high anxiety here im feeling that im trapped here , the person who lives above me is noisy at 1 am , 

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.