Told not to send UC50 form by Assessment centre — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Told not to send UC50 form by Assessment centre

Options
moonshadow_
moonshadow_ Community member Posts: 34 Listener
Hello 

Thanks again for support.

The deadline is the 31st March. I was going to send it today recorded delivery next day guarantee. I called to double check the address as my  form and supporting evidence was no way fiting into prepaid and there was 2 addresses one on the letter and another on the prepaid. They ended up telling me not to send the form as it wouldn't reach the deadline. I spoke to two people to be clear and first women was horrible. They said even if it reaches them in time they take 5 to 10 days to upload it on the system by which time it would have passed the deadline and my file would have been closed so they wouldn't upload or review my form.

I clarified several times and said how can that be right if it doesn't say that anywhere and if it reaches you by the deadline I was given.  Some fake invisible deadline ? I was told to put a message on for my work coach ask them to close the claim/file and re request another one and once they have done that I can send my form off. This seems wrong, but they were very clear and both said the same thing. Also this resets the back payment date. 

Should I just send my form tomorrow recorded guarantee next day 

Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,295 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I’ve been claiming ESA since 2012 and have had many work capability assessments in that time. In all those years the work capability assessment form has never been returned to DWP. It’s always returned straight to the health assessment providers. It’s the health assessment providers that send out the form to you so it wouldn’t make sense to return it via DWP. For this reason it should take as long for them to receive it as it would if you were returning it to DWP. 

I don’t understand what you mean by a fake deadline? In the letter you received with the form you would have had a date to return it by. It must be returned no later than this date. If you don’t then yes your file could be returned to DWP and you could be found fit for work for failing to return the form. 

I wouldn’t advise you to put a message onto your journal because the WCA has nothing to do with them. The health assessment providers deal with those. It won’t be as easy as just “sending you another form” 

My advice is to return the form tomorrow and get proof of posting which is free from any post office. This is all the proof you need that you returned it. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • moonshadow_
    Options
    Sorry Poppy.. as always struggle with clarity.

My deadline to return was the 31st March. I was going to send it today. 2 different customer service agents at the work capability assessment told me that if I return it now it will not be classed as in time. They both said this is due to them taking 5 to 10 days to upload my form onto the system. By the time they do that my file will have already closed down because the 31st will have passed. 

They advised if they received my form after my file had been closed down even if I sent it in time it would be sent to DWP. This seemed wrong to me too. 

The 'fake deadline' I was talking about was the fact they said it has to reach them 5 to 10 working days before the deadline I have been given or it will be classed as missed deadline.

I have already put a message on my board for work coach. I can just write another now to say ignore previous.

Ok so send it anyway tomorrow and take pictures and keep receipt. I guess I was anxious about having to do it all again. What happens if they come back to me and day they did the above ? Or I get a message to say the file is closed ? 

Thanks. I hope you are well
  • moonshadow_
    Options
    It's just so strange how firm and assertive they both were saying not to send the form. 

Thanks for your advise 
  • poppy123456
    edited March 2023
    Options
    The deadline is 31st March, not 5 -10 days ago. I know that the last 2 work capability assessments i had, one for myself and one for my daughter both forms were returned straight the health assessment centre local to where i'm currently living.

It doesn't go through a mail sorting process as far as i'm aware, like it does with DWP. Both forms were received the following day at the health assessment centre because i rang to check.

Always keep copies for yourself of everything you send. Proof of posting is very important because it's proof it was sent. Also be aware that the pre paid envelope is 2nd class so i would pay for first class posting.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • moonshadow_
    Options
    Thank you for this clarity and advice. I wish I sent today but can tomorrow. Such strange advice. Really threw me.

I  terms of the address. The address on the prepaid is Wolverhampton. The address on the letter which refers to as the address to send it to is Manchester. I live in Manchester. Would you advise to send it to Manchester one.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    The one that's local to me is about 7 miles away and that's where i always send mine to. You can check to see if either of the addresses match the locations of your health assessment centre here. https://chdauk.co.uk/find-your-assessment-centre/

• moonshadow_
    Options
    Thanks for the link. Really helpful. That did match one of the addresses I had. It's sent. Can't thank you enough. Will call in the afternoon to check, although I think it's a switchboard rather then a local site number 
  • moonshadow_
    Options
    Hello Poppy, 

Can I ask where you rang to check your form had been received. I can't see a number for my local centre. Thanks
  • Danlangridge88
    Danlangridge88 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 33 Connected
    Options
    I know PIP is different, and also a lot more friendly, but I phoned them as my form was going to be late, and was told it had to be POSTED by the due date, not actually received and checked by them which makes sense because you don't know how long the process will take so how are you supposed to know if you're going to make the deadline?
    And also when I applied for a WCA I received the form and before I even got round to returning it, I got a letter inviting me to an interview.  The same happened to my friend which is bizarre they'd even consider giving an assessment when they've received no information on my condition, just sick notes.
  • Danlangridge88
    Options
    If I was you I'd have still posted it, it's better for them to receive it later than the so called deadline than  not receive it at all. You could always say you posted it a week ago or so, so they should have received it by the deadine
  • moonshadow_
    Options
    If I was you I'd have still posted it, it's better for them to receive it later than the so called deadline than  not receive it at all. You could always say you posted it a week ago or so, so they should have received it by the deadine
    I agree. I posted recorded next day so will have reached them by the deadline. It was just so odd to have two different people firmly tell me to not send it. 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Wishing you the best of luck with this @moonshadow_. Please don't hesitate to let us know how this goes for you and if there's anything else we can do to support you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Danlangridge88
    Options
    I agree. I posted recorded next day so will have reached them by the deadline. It was just so odd to have two different people firmly tell me to not send it. 
    Probably so they don't receive it on time then close your claim 🙄
  • moonshadow_
    Options
    Hello again,

Just wondering if they notify you they have or haven't received it.  Just wanted to ask again about calling, do the local offices have numbers or us it just the switch board?

The 3 months processing time does that include an interview? I am hoping to avoid one. I think someone said they are mostly still telephone appointments. I hope so.  

I have booked holiday in June. Could this be a problem ?
  • poppy123456
    edited April 2023
    Options
    They won't inform you if they've received it. The number is a national number but they will tell you if they've received your form or not. If they don't receive it then you should be contacted by UC.
    The number for Heath assessment advisory Service is 0800 288 8777. Or you can email them. Details here. https://chdauk.co.uk/about-us/contact-us/

The 3 months waiting time, isn't the timescale for the assessment, it's the waiting time before the LCWRA element is paid. (if awarded) Most people have assessments so you should expect one of those.

Timescales for assessments vary from area to area, some wait a couple of months and others a lot longer. It would be impossible to predict whether your assessment will be in June.

• Danlangridge88
    Options
    The 3 months waiting time, isn't the timescale for the assessment, it's the waiting time before the LCWRA element is paid. (if awarded)

That's right.  The 3 month window period is from when you send your first medical evidence until your first payment (if awarded) if your reward comes later than 3 months, you'll be backdated from 3 months onwards.
    Mine actually took less than 3 months so had to wait until the following month to get the LCWRA element rather than get a back date

• sarha65
    sarha65 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Options
    Hi been told after 8 months of sending uc50 form in the assessment centre have said they have returned form back to universal credit to be processed what does that mean anyone know thanks
  • poppy123456
    Options
    sarha65 said:
    Hi been told after 8 months of sending uc50 form in the assessment centre have said they have returned form back to universal credit to be processed what does that mean anyone know thanks

If the assessment report has been written and returned it means you've had a paper based assessment.
  • sarha65
    sarha65 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Options
    Thanks poppy do you think it's good news as nothing has been put on my journal, they not replied to my messages thanks
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I'm afraid you'll need to wait for the decision, which can take anything up to 12 weeks after the report was returned.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.