Dont give up on PIP and do not get discouraged folks — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dont give up on PIP and do not get discouraged folks

Options
sk1986
sk1986 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
I joined a year ago. I searched online and came across this wonderful place. I registered to scope to get inspiration and motivation. 

I joined scope after receiving 0 points again on the PIP mandatory reconsideration across all the descriptors in all components. I wanted to give up but the advice given to me by the supporting members of scope was positive and reassuring.

I attended tribunal last month after 15 months since my claim started. I was astonished at how lovely the trubunal members were. DWP did send someone to represent them but i was fortunate enough to learn as he explained to me in the waiting area that he has no issues with my evidence and purely there to make sure the process is followed. He overheard me speaking to the clerk in the waiting area as i was very worried the dwp sent someone.

I won my appeal and i am very happy that i continued with the process as we all know the DWP try to discourage as many eligible claimants as possible. It was a gruelling process but one i highly recommend to those who have the capacity to continue of course.

The best advice given to me was to emphasise safety issues by using real life examples in the activities and descriptors. My advice to anyone is to begin the claim with the acceptance that having medical conditions is not the reason why PIP is given, but HOW your health condition affects your daily living.

Good luck to those who are in the process of claiming benefits.
Tagged:

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.