DWP messaged me to call them strsight away — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP messaged me to call them strsight away

Options
okmrcool
okmrcool Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Had a message from DWP asking me to call them about my esa i **** myself  straight away iv been on esa support group for yrs just been awarded pip and now i get this my anxiety is through the roof please can anyone advice on why they messaged me  
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,710 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It maybe related to Severe disability premium. (SDP) Are you claiming Income Related ESA? If so does your PIP include the daily living part?

Are you living alone or with other adults? If with other adults are they also claiming a qualifying disability benefit such as PIP daily living, DLA mid/high rate care or Attendance Allowance?or registered blind?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • okmrcool
    Options
    Im not sure as i only got told id been awarded and got both components i live alone im in the support group not sure if its component or means tested not blind ..thanks gor your reply
  • poppy123456
    Options
    As you live alone, if your ESA is Income Related then you’ll be entitled to SDP. 

You must make sure that no one claims either carers allowance or carers element of Universal Credit for looking after you. If they do then then you will lose the SDP. It can be backdated to the start of your PIP award if you were eligible at that time. 

This maybe why they’ve asked you to ring them. However just incase it isn’t because of this when you ring them tell them you would like to apply for SDP. It’s a very simple form to fill in which takes about 10 minutes by phone. Your ESA will then increase by £69.40/week. (This amount will increase from 10th April) 

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • okmrcool
    Options
    No definitely not having carers or anything like that im not on uc and still get paid fortnightly which im lucky its still fortnightly i just panicked thinking they were gunna cut my amount cos of the pip which iv not even had the first payment yet but i kbow its been awarded and thanks iv not even herd of sdp 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Your ESA won't be reduced. You will need to contact ESA to ask to claim the SDP. https://www.entitledto.co.uk/help/severe-disability-premium

• okmrcool
    Options
    Thanks thats put my mind at rest apreciate your messages 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm glad Poppy could help reassure you @okmrcool, if there's anything else you need, please let us know :) 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • okmrcool
    Options
    Hi you were right it was yo fill out the sdp form what a releaf lol..yeh i will get in touch if i have any more questions thanks again for your valuable information thanks ☺ 
  • Rockie67
    Rockie67 Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    Options
    It maybe related to Severe disability premium. (SDP) Are you claiming Income Related ESA? If so does your PIP include the daily living part?

Are you living alone or with other adults? If with other adults are they also claiming a qualifying disability benefit such as PIP daily living, DLA mid/high rate care or Attendance Allowance?or registered blind?
    I gotvtve the same text the other day ,it was to see if I was entitled to SDP cos I had my pip assessment and my award was Increased to include standard care. Unfortunately my 21 years old son lives with me so I'm not entitled
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Rockie67 said:

I gotvtve the same text the other day ,it was to see if I was entitled to SDP cos I had my pip assessment and my award was Increased to include standard care. Unfortunately my 21 years old son lives with me so I'm not entitled

Part of the rules are you need to live alone or be classed as living alone. As you live with your son then he would also need to be claiming either a qualifying disability benefit such as PIP daily living or DLA mid/high rate care or be registered blind.
  • okmrcool
    Options
    I think it is income based yeh and it was about me being eligible for sdp they were really helpful 
  • Rockie67
    Rockie67 Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    Options
    Rockie67 said:

Part of the rules are you need to live alone or be classed as living alone. As you live with your son then he would also need to be claiming either a qualifying disability benefit such as PIP daily living or DLA mid/high rate care or be registered blind.
    That's exactly what they told me on the phone

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.