If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice regarding what to do?

Options
JBS2022
JBS2022 Scope Member Posts: 2,075 Disability Gamechanger
My husband has recently been released from a psychiatric hospital, unfortunately he has started acting up again, he is not violent but is trying to rip electrical sockets off the wall, I'm debating whether to phone an ambulance but he is not being violent so I'm struggling with what to do.
Life is better in a fishtank  🐟

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @JBS2022 how are things at the moment for you?

I would strongly encourage you to call 999 or visit your local A&E if you feel unsafe or are in danger.

Do you have any mental health crisis lines you can call, or does your husband have a mental health team you can contact?
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,601 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

@JBS2022
    Oh I think you should definitely reach out and get him help. It’s a lot for you to cope with on your own.
    I hope you can get some help. 

Take care ❤️
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,707 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Oh @JBS2022 I'm so sorry to hear what you and your husband are going through <3 I wouldn't know how to handle this, has it happened in the past? I can imagine you want to make sure your husband is safe and getting the help he needs but also must be so scary and worrying for you too. 

It's great he isn't being violent but please please please prioritise your safety. If your husband is causing damage to your home or putting you, him or anyone at risk, it may be necessary to contact an ambulance even if he isn't being violent. When he was released have they got a care plan in place for him? Could they maybe give advice on how to de-escalate or recommend additional support??

It's okay to ask for help. And I hope you've got a good team of family, friends and professionals helping?? <3 

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 52,451 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @JBS2022 definatly as people have said get help for your husband. Did the hospital give you a number to ring if you are concerned.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.