ill heath retirement and what it meant on calming UC — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ill heath retirement and what it meant on calming UC

Options
System
System Posts: 108 Scope online community team
This discussion was created from comments split from: Working after Ill Health Retirement..

Comments

• terry151282
    terry151282 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    hello please can someone give me more information on ill heath retirement and what it meant on calming UC 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there @terry151282 and welcome, I've just made your comment into it's own discussion, so that it's easier for our members to share their thoughts with you :) 

What's happening with work at the moment for you?
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,380 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Universal Credit is a means tested benefit and whether you're entitled to it will depend on your circumstances. If you live with a partner you'll need to claim as a couple. If you have savings/capital of more than £16,000 you're excluded from claiming. You can use a benefits calculator to check entitlement. https://www.entitledto.co.uk/benefits-calculator/Intro/Home?cid=90b00b02-55ef-43c1-87d9-8d8ce9ffc8d6 If you do claim it you should report your health condition, supported by a fit note within 7 days.

There's also New style ESA but you'll need to have the correct NI contributions in tax years 2020/21 and 2021/22. You'll need a fit note and your SSP1 form, if you claimed SSP from your employer. If you're still claiming SSP then ESA can't be paid at at the same time.

If you claim both the above together the ESA will be deducted in full from any UC entitlement.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • terry151282
    terry151282 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi there @terry151282 and welcome, I've just made your comment into it's own discussion, so that it's easier for our members to share their thoughts with you :) 

What's happening with work at the moment for you?
    It's not me it's the gf she has been of sick for over a year now and her work has said the she now has 3 option, ill heath retirement with benefits, ill heath retirement without benefits, or she leaves, 

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Ah thanks for explaining @terry151282, I do know that Scope has some advice on ill health retirement which I hope is helpful for you :) 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.