If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'mtitchyhayz! Unsure what the outcome of my PIP claim is.

Options
titchyhayz
titchyhayz Community member Posts: 9 Listener
edited April 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I’ve received the tx saying we have not made a decision yet and then called them and they said they have made a decision but I’ve not received the tx saying awarded or not so now thinking it a no 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,096 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2023
    Options
    When a decision is made it takes up to 24 hours for it to show on the computer. They will be able to see the decision is made but not what it it. Sometimes they send texts (not always) if it's a new claim, which are usually sent the following morning after the decision is made.
    Not receiving a text yet doesn't mean you haven't been awarded.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @titchyhayz and a warm welcome to our online community, how are you today?

I understand it can be difficult being left 'in limbo' not knowing the outcome of your PIP claim, but unfortunately I think it's a case of waiting a little while longer until that decision letter is received to know for sure. We'll have everything crossed for you, and if it's the case that the decision goes against what you believe you should have been awarded, we'd be happy to talk you through the next steps.

Please keep us posted with how you get on. And good luck!

PS - I've moved your thread to our PIP, DLA and AA category and amended the title to help make it more visible to others.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • titchyhayz
    Options
    thank you so so much I suffer with diverticulitis disease and anxiety disorder 
  • titchyhayz
    Options
    @poppy123456 oh great it is a new claim I asked for a copy of my report still ain’t received it my anxiety gets the better of me 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Is there anything which usually helps you when you are feeling anxious @titchyhayz? Hopefully, you will receive a copy of your report soon  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • titchyhayz
    Options
    Crochet and playing a game on phone they send another copy of report but according to pip they sent me a descion letter the 7th that clearly untrue as it was Easter Friday and if they made a descion it clearly a bad one as I never received I’ve been awarded tx like everyone on here 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Not everyone receives a text if they're successfully awarded.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • titchyhayz
    Options
    Oh I thought they did as I’ve received other txts and maybe I won’t get it as anxiety disorder and diverticulitis disease ain’t many points and I’ve had a biopsy done also I told them this 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    No, not always. Are you also aware that it's not awarded based on any diagnosis.
  • titchyhayz
    Options
    Not really what it based on then I understood it was based on dosagnosis 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's based on how well you can manage each of the PIP descriptors a majority of the time @titchyhayz, does that make sense?

It might be helpful to make a note of any examples of time's you've struggled with anything in the descriptors, or what aids you use to help you.
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • titchyhayz
    Options
    Yes it does thank you 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.