If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Question about the 'the cost of living payment '

Options
stay_positive
stay_positive Community member Posts: 243 Pioneering
I have just been awarded PIP , my husband gets WTC , we got the last 'cost of living payment ' . 
I feel such a rat asking this because it sounds like I am money mad, but I don't want to receive something that I am not entitled to and then have to pay it back.
I cannot find any information about this , there doesn't seem to be any information on who can receive it while claiming wtc and pip together .
I would be most grateful if anyone knows please ?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,096 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You will still be entitled to the CoL payment of £301 due between 2nd and 9th May for Tax credits because you're claiming WTC.
    PIP has nothing to do with that. As you're now claiming PIP you will also be entitled to the £150 disability CoL payment due to be paid sometime this summer. No dates have been announced yet.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • stay_positive
    Options
    Thank you Poppy , you are brilliant with all the knowledge you share . I'm still waiting for the PIP consultation centre to answer I am in a queue , 47 minutes and counting lol 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Did you manage to get through to the PIP consultation centre @stay_positive and, if so, do you want to share a little more with us about how this went for you? We are here for you and listening to you if you would like to share more with us about this  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • stay_positive
    Options
    Did you manage to get through to the PIP consultation centre @stay_positive and, if so, do you want to share a little more with us about how this went for you? We are here for you and listening to you if you would like to share more with us about this  :)
    Hi, Yes I got through and I was awarded the standard daily living and the enhanced Mobility , I was very happy with this , I get back pay this Thursday , then paid again on 11 May . It's taken a huge burden off me . :)
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Great news @stay_positive :)
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • stay_positive
    Options
    The award is until 2026 , some people have asked me why , I don't know .
  • poppy123456
    Options
    What do you mean by "some people have asked me why"? do you mean some people have asked you why you've been awarded until 2026?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • stay_positive
    Options
    Good Afternoon Poppy, yeah a few of my friends claim pip and they only got the award for 2 years and mine is for 3. I don't know why . 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    PIP award lengths can be anything from 1 to 10 years. The award length will vary depending on how your health conditions affect you. They will contact you (usaully) about 6 months before the award is due to end by sending you review forms.
  • ladyluck
    ladyluck Community member Posts: 69 Courageous
    Options
    @stay_positive So pleased you got your award. It’s a very daunting procedure but if you’re ill, then you have to keep going. Well done, it’s a great feeling. 
  • stay_positive
    Options
    ladyluck said:
    @stay_positive So pleased you got your award. It’s a very daunting procedure but if you’re ill, then you have to keep going. Well done, it’s a great feeling. 
    Thank you and yes we have to keep going and the end result if we are awarded of course is such a relief , and all the waiting seems worth it , just daunting like you say .
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.