Universal Credit LCWRA help!!

lebarel96
lebarel96 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi, I’ve been unable to work for a couple years due to physical impairments and have been claiming PIP and Universal Credit’s LCWRA.

im just wondering as my partner has just moved in, we’ve let all the appropriate party’s know of the change and I was told I would be losing some money as my partner works.

i was just wondering if anyone knows exactly what and how much I’m going to lose? Will I lose PIP? Also how much UC will I lose? I’m told 55p to every £1 mt partner earns will be taken off.

does this include my normal UC entitlement as well as the LCWRA? Could I receive nothing because of this?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,054 Championing
    LCWRA is part of UC. Once you reported the change of circumstances for UC you should have been sent a linking code. Your partner will have then needed to start a claim for UC theirself and then use the linking code you were sent. This will then join both claims together.

You will have the work allowance, which means a certain amount of earnings will be ignored before the 55% deductions apply. If you claim for help with any rent your work allowance will be £379/month, if you don't it will be £631/month. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/universal-credit-work-allowances/universal-credit-work-allowances

If your PIP includes the daily living part and your partner looks after you for at least 35 hours per week then they can claim carers element of UC. There's no earnings limit with this like there is with carers allowance (providing no one else claims either of them for looking after you) They will need to report a change of circumstances and report caring for you. Your UC maximum entitlement will increase by a further £185.86/month. https://www.entitledto.co.uk/benefits-calculator

Whether there's any entitlement to UC after the earnings deduction will depend on your joint circumstances. You can use a benefits calculator to check entitlement and put both your details into it.

PIP won't be affected.