Strength Training in individuals with CP - Volunteers needed!

Jessica_Davis
Jessica_Davis Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi there! :)
I am a PhD student currently running a strength training/passive stretching program at Brunel University London in individuals with Cerebral Palsy. The aim of this study is to increase muscle fibre length, and see if this leads to improvements in walking and balance. It involves 10 weeks of strength training/passive stretching at appropriately high velocities. I have attached the recruitment poster, please feel free to get in contact with me via email or whatsapp if you are interested!
Thanks!
Jessica Davis

Comments

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,906 Championing
    edited April 2023
    Thanks for sharing this with the community @Jessica_Davis :)

Please see our disclaimer below for your convenience:

The above post has been moderated and checked by the Scope Community Team.  

The research and opportunities category is the only online community category that permits the publishing of an email, contact number or survey link.  

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only. We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them. 

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules

• Jessica_Davis
    Jessica_Davis Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Recruitment for this study is still ongoing! Please drop me a message if you are interested in getting involved! 
    Thanks! :) 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,538 Championing
    I believe @Iloveme might be interested, as they've posted on your wall @Jessica_Davis-sometimes it's easy to miss those posts. 

@Jessica_Davis, you are welcome to share your contact email on this discussion for our members to get in touch :)