If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Tribunal Letter

Options
aloneandscared
aloneandscared Community member Posts: 1 Listener
hello im sorry for hassling any of you but my pip tribunal is very close now as the average wait for my area is 28 weeks. ive submitted anecdotal evidence as well as updated the appeal via the website on changes in medication or when i was awarded lcwra... but i got a letter through yesterday which i think is from the dwp saying that none of it matters and doesnt impact the decision from what was observed in the asscessment and this has made me really worried to the point of being sick so im hoping someone here can give me more clarity about this and if its anything to worry about? the letter also said something about the sectary of state not needing more papers or something

its been a struggle to get to this point and this letter just made everything feel even more hopeless :(

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,094 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The letter you received from DWP is nothing to worry about. They are just responding to the extra evidence you sent and telling you they haven't changed their decision. Your hearing will go ahead as normal.

Are you either appearing in person or having a telephone/video hearing? Either of those will give you the best chance of a decision in your favour. Paper based hearings have an extremely low success rate.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.