Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Hi

Options
SueCorry21
SueCorry21 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi, my name is Sue and I live with osteoarthritis, spinal stenosis L1-5, complex PTSD (anxiety & depression) and slightly deaf.  I have been living with pain since I was 38 and I am now 67.  I am waiting for a consultation at the spine clinic to hopefully be put on a waiting list for another back op. My GP was furious when they sent me away with lose weight and physio advice.  Already doing that... I had an op 5 years ago to release the sciatic nerve.  Annoyingly the last year the pain has become intense so now on a cocktail of meds... not quite got to morphine thankfully.  I get easily overwhelmed which is understandable and I am positive that my MH will heal as I go through the recovery process.  I am fortunate to be working and the organisation is very very supportive.  Not many of us can say that and I know many have had to leave due to toxic environments.  Social justice for us is a massive culture change but still a long way to go to reduce inequality and discrimination. Thank you for reading this.  

Comments

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @SueCorry21

Welcome to the community! :) I'm sorry to hear you're pain has become worse over the year, hopefully your consultation will come through soon! I usually say, if you know who your appointment is with, it's worth ringing their secretary to see if they have a cancellation list. If you are able to go short notice. 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.