Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

neew person here having a panicattack due to a message on to do list todAY

Options
Tony58
Tony58 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
hello im new here i have been on uc LCWRA for just over a 1 year now.
due to chronic anxiety and depression

and i just recieved a text saying i have universal credit meeting 5th may
and on my universal credit account it has on my to do list
Attend your commitments review in a jobcentre this is to review your situation and agree new commitments you must accept these to get uninversal credit.

what does this mean im supposed to be on 
LCWRA
please can someomne advise me im having horrible panic attacks right now
on my jounal there is nothing its just this to do list with an appointment with someone

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,159 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You should have already agreed to your claimant commiments when you had the decision for your work capability assessment. The only commiments you should have is to agree to report any changes.
    Put a message onto your journal and ask them why you need to attend the appointment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tony58
    edited April 2023
    Options
    heelo poppy yes i have been on LCWRA since february 2022 i think.
    ive not hadanything statting on my journal about a work assessemnt review or a letter.
    is this a mistake.
    im scaredf tyo ask in my journal incase they send me for a review im woirried
    why is this saying to review my situation
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Reviews are suspended and i'm not aware of them starting back yet. Putting a message on your journal will not start a review.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Tony58
    Options
    what should i mention on my journal? should i say im on LCWRA why do i have to attend or something im really not very sure.
    my anxiety is going through the roof right now im sitting heere shaking
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,561 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Do you have any coping techniques for anxiety that work well @Tony58? Do you feel like you're getting enough support to manage your anxiety at the moment? 

You can say something like: "Why have I been asked to attend this appointment, as I'm on LCWRA."
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Just ask why you have to attend the appointment and why you have to agree to your claimant commiments when you already did that when the decision was made on your work capability assessment.
  • Tony58
    Options
    thank you poppy and alex. im just worried because ive not seen tthis happpen to anyone else on here. so im panicking.
    do you think i wouid get a repply now so late or should i just send a message tomorrow
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Just put the message now. Whether you'll receive a reply at all is another matter. As you have LCWRA then you don't have a work coach and often messages go unanswered.
  • Tony58
    edited April 2023
    Options
    hi there i put message on my journal late last night becuse i couldt sleep.
    similar things to what you guys told me to put.
    and ive not recieved a response and its 17.30 i dont understand is something wrong?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Nothing is wrong but as i advised yesterday because you don't have a work coach it may take a while to receive a reply.
  • Tony58
    Options
    ok thank you for the help ill keep an eye on it and post a reply when theres an answer
  • Wilshyboy
    Wilshyboy Community member Posts: 256 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello Tony58, I had this happen to me a couple of years back, I would put a message in my journal for them to check. If you get no joy with that, ring UC with all your details to hand, and they will sort this out for you. Every time i have rung them they have always been extremely helpful on this sort of thing. You can find their number on any of their letters, if you can, ring them at 8am on the dot, I used to put the number in ready at a minute to 8 then on the dot hit the button and you should get through. Hope this helps.
  • Tony58
    Options
    Hi wilshyboy thanks for this information. What was it in the end?
    Is it something to panic over as im so stressed im shaking all the time.
    And i still have no reply in my journal
  • Wilshyboy
    Wilshyboy Community member Posts: 256 Pioneering
    Options
    I rang them in the end and it was sent in error, Your work coach doesn't sound like much help, so i would be inclined to ring them and see if they will take off the system. Let me know how it goes please.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Wilshyboy said:
    Your work coach doesn't sound like much help,
    That's because you don't have a work coach at all when found to have LCWRA.
  • ClaraSais
    ClaraSais Community member Posts: 42 Courageous
    Options
    This does sound like a mistake. As long as you’ve put a reply in your journal someone should see it. Let us know the outcome please x
  • Tony58
    Options
    Hi evreyone i put a reply in my journal 26 april.
    This appoinment is for tomorrow. I still have had not a reply after all this time.
    I panicking bevause if i do not go tomorrow will my money stop
    I very scared
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You can try ringing the UC helpline.
    Universal Credit helpline
    Telephone: 0800 328 5644
    Textphone: 0800 328 1344
    Relay UK (if you cannot hear or speak on the phone): 18001 then 0800 328 5644
    British Sign Language (BSL) video relay service if you’re on a computer - find out how to use the service on mobile or tablet
    Welsh language: 0800 328 1744
    Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,561 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    See if you can get in touch with someone on the Helpline @Tony58, or keep messaging on your journal. If you need any more help, please ask, and we'll do what we can to support you :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Tony58
    Options
    hi i just phoned the universal number i tried to explain im on worl related activity i cant attend the appointment its a struggle to even leave my house unless it to the shop on the corner to get alcohol or food.
    she said to not be scared or worry and i have to put another message in my journal why i cant attend.
    and she will put on system also.
    but maybe i will get another appointment or on the phone.
    im still struggling to undertsand why i have to attend any appointments or update my commitmments
    when im on limited world and worl activity.
    does this mean i have a work assessment coming soon?
    as i have been on limited work related activity for over 1 year.
    thank you for the huge support so far
    sorry im just having terrible anxiety  again now
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.