If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Pip rang daughter instead of me ??

Options
sosad1
sosad1 Community member Posts: 46 Connected
Hi I wonder if I can ask advice. I applied for pip beginning of march (2nd time applying). This time I included more evidence and also a statement from my daughter who helps with my difficulties.  Then out of the blue on monday they rang her at work !! She usnt my carer and she does not see me everyday and does not know about all my different medical needs. Then today I got a text saying dwp had received my report following assessment?? I havent even spoken to anyone. I'm so stressed 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 12,129 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Difficult to advise except to say all you can really do is phone them on Tuesday (after the bank holiday)

2024 Election won

• sosad1
    Options
    Yes I suppose I will have to, I have heard of people receiving only paper based assessments but even though I have numerous health problems I doubt they are going to issue an award based on what my daughter said 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 12,129 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    sosad1 said:
    Yes I suppose I will have to, I have heard of people receiving only paper based assessments but even though I have numerous health problems I doubt they are going to issue an award based on what my daughter said 
    PIP is all about your care and/or mobility issues not you health problem(s)
    Hope you get it sorted.

2024 Election won

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,208 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    A paper based assessment doesn't mean it's a bad thing and you'll be refused. Sometimes if they need some extra information then they will contact people on your list. I assume you must have put your daughters phone number down somewhere on the form, otherwise they couldn't have known her number.

Try not to stress too much as i'm sure there's really nothing to worry about. Even if you ring DWP on Tuesday it's very unlikely they will be able to give any information because it's just a call centre you're ringing.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sosad1
    Options
    Thank you , she wrote a separate letter as she helps me because of my difficulties so they got her letter from that I think 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Then that explains why they contacted her. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • sosad1
    Options
    Thank you I will just have to wait and hear what happens . She is stressed also as she knows how struggle but she was at work when they called her I think at least they should have allowed notice
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If they gave notice when trying to contact people for evidence then the backlogs would be even longer. 
    They send letters for assessment appointments but not when contacting anyone in this way.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.