The scrapped wca, whats happening — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

The scrapped wca, whats happening

Options
hyancinth
hyancinth Community member Posts: 69 Pioneering
I was waiting for a review Feb/March, I contacted my wc (Im lcw ) they say they were making enquiries(like they dont know?)I got told before the announcement there was an embargo. Then there was the scrapping.
Ive heard nothing else, what is going on? 

Thanks.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,826 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2023
    Options
    WCAs are suspended and they have been for coming up to 3 years. Change of circumstances and new claims are continuing as normal.

The scrapping of the WCA is related to the white paper that was announced in the budget recently. Any changes (if they fo ahead) will not take place until at least 2029 for current claims.

At the moment there's nothing to advise because it's speculation only.You haven't heard anything else because there's nothing to tell. Your WC is likely only going to know what we know, which isn't much at all.

In the meantime WCA's will continue as normal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • hyancinth
    hyancinth Community member Posts: 69 Pioneering
    Options
  • steliou2022
    steliou2022 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Sorry to jump in on ur post. I was due a review last month for LCW and haven’t heard anything or received any new forms. I had an app with my work
    coach last week and she said I need to start looking for jobs and made an app for me to see someone from surestart next week. I told her I am still unwell and if anything my situation has got worse. She was quite rude and said “what still your not better” and made further belittling comments about my mental health condition. I told her I can get Dr notes to support what my situation but she still made the appointment. My question is should I not still be treated as having LCW until my reassessment whenever that will be or do they just assume your fit for work?

Sorry for the long post I have looked online for help with no joy.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    @steliou2022 yes LCW is an ongoing award until a new decision says otherwise. 

You’re it expected to look for work but maybe expected to prepare for work sometime in the future. 

What is expected of you will depend on your claimant commitments but this may include appointments with surestart. 

If you think you will qualify for LCWRA then you can report a change of circumstances. Then click health condition and report the changes. You will need a fit note also. 

Once you do that you will be referred for another work capability assessment. 

Before doing this you should look at the descriptors to see if any of them apply. https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/universal-credit-uc/uc-faq/limited-capability-for-work-related-activity
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • steliou2022
    steliou2022 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you for the reply @poppy123456
    just wanted to clarify I should’ve be expected to look for work until a reassessment? 

Thank you x
  • poppy123456
    Options
    No, not look for work and you won't be expected to do this unless found fit for work.  Though you maybe expected to prepare to work, known as work related activity.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.