Not voting — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Not voting

Options
ShellyLion
ShellyLion Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Did anyone else not vote yesterday?

Voting is a change to my routine. Obviously it's not something I do every day or even every week. So since early April I've been preparing myself to vote in the local elections. 

I checked I knew where the polling station was -as I moved house last year I've not voted here before. I triple checked the route on a map. I walked down that way a couple of times to make sure there wasn't going to be any barriers to me getting there, and I knew how long it would take and that the route was accessible. 
I went over and over what would happen in my head and all the steps involved. I even made sure I have photo ID because I know we need photo ID to vote now. I checked I had it multple times. I meditated to calm my nerves. Walked all the way there. 

I got there and they checked my ID which was actually quite uncomfortable and then found out I wasn't registered. I did everything except remember to actually register to vote.

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 52,005 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @ShellyLion welcome to the forum. 
    That's a disappointment for you after all that you did. I would be well fed up. 
    Always next year. I actually forgot about it until I saw the votes being counted on tv
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Have you registered now @ShellyLion? I hope someone there was able to let you know how best to register for the next set of voting.

I'm sorry all that preparation and energy felt wasted for you yesterday, but at least once you are registered for next time, you'll be more familiar with the route, and the polling station too.
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 10,767 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's so annoying my county wasn't in the elections this time so you aren't the only one. 
  • Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 21,404 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @ShelleyLion Welcome to the Community. How disappointing for you. I would still say it was a great achievement for you as you got there. Well done. If you have any questions please ask. Take care.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.